Five Years Ago Today

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

The game actually started the day before, but it ended today, at 19 inning, Chris Davis pitching marathon win over the Red Sox. Our first winning season in what seemed like a LONG time.

"Seemed like" a long time?    It WAS a long time, man!    That game may still stand out as the signature game of the Buck Showalter era.    

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

"Seemed like" a long time?    It WAS a long time, man!    That game may still stand out as the signature game of the Buck Showalter era.    

The "don't throw it away, don't throw it at all" game is the one for me. Plus, the game against the Yankees after blowing the lead, we rally with 3 HR in the bottom of the 8th to win it. 

4 minutes ago, waroriole said:

The "don't throw it away, don't throw it at all" game is the one for me. Plus, the game against the Yankees after blowing the lead, we rally with 3 HR in the bottom of the 8th to win it. 

I was at both those games.  The second was the Cal statue night.  2012 was awesome.

and IIRC, those games were about a week apart. 

4 hours ago, eddie83 said:

It started and ended on May 6. Sunday afternoon game.  

I blew off the game that day. Played golf with my cousin. Last time I played btw. Got home from golf like in the 9th inning. Happy I could see "the end" but got to watch 10 innings. :P

12 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Sorry, must have forgotten that. For some reason I thought it was a night game.

That was the Seattle game. 18 innings I think. Goober and his sweetie were in an AP article the next day.

Goober%20and%20honey%20lg.jpg

9 hours ago, Palmoripken said:

That was a fun game. I still remember CD striking out Adrian Gonzalez. Cool moment.  You knew that it was going to be a special season that day.

One of my favorite games all-time (probably #2 to the Chris Hoiles 13-10, 2-out 3-2 walk-off GS).  Don't forget the Jones strike to Wieters at the plate where Matt showed the ball in his glove with a smirk post-tag.

Archived