vs. TWINS, 5/22

OFFNY

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

There are posters on this board who consider EVERY loss a "season changer type." They all still count as 1.

I am not a doom and gloom type. I can get frustrated but we are in a unique part of the schedule.  

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

So says EVERYONE just about every game, every season, except for the ~3-4 games he's "Good Ubaldo" in and the ~5 games he's "Okay Ubaldo" in. The rest of the time, it's blindingly obvious to everyone but Buck and DD that he needs to have been gone 2 years ago.

The problem is that this team hates releasing players with multiple years remaining on their contract no matter how poor their performance is. PA absolutely loathes eating money. The only player I can remember the Orioles releasing with multiple years remaining on their contract was Jay Gibbons and his contract was a fraction of what Ubaldo's. They were never going to release Ubaldo before this year no matter how bad he was.

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

The problem is that this team hates releasing players with multiple years remaining on their contract no matter how poor their performance is. PA absolutely loathes eating money. The only player I can remember the Orioles releasing with multiple years remaining on their contract was Jay Gibbons and his contract was a fraction of what Ubaldo's. They were never going to release Ubaldo before this year no matter how bad he was.

Sir Sidney.

Of course they tried to get out of paying him.

9 minutes ago, JourneyFan said:

At this point, holding onto Ubaldo is the equivalent of Elaine Benes wanting the free Atomic Sub, despite her claiming it tastes terrible, from the "Serenity Now" episode.

Spot on observation.  O's pitching staff has a bad case of food poisoning right now. 

23 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Ubaldo does not have multiple years left.  Just the rest of this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Gametime:  6:35 pm Forecast:  82 degrees, partly cloudy Matchup:  Nestor Cortes (L) vs Dean Kremer (R) Lineup Coming shortly Orioles Bench Coming shortly   Orioles Bullpen Available Mike Baumann  (R)  1.0 IP, 15p Saturday Yohan Ramirez (R)  1.1 IP, 21p Tuesday Jacob Webb (R)   0.1 IP, 4p Sunday;  1.0 IP, 13p Friday  Maybe Available Keegan Akin (L)  2.0 IP, 32p Sunday;  0.2 IP, 6p Friday Craig Kimbrel  (R)  0.0 IP, 14p Sunday;  0.1 IP, 24p Friday -- possibly not available due to sore back  Probably Not Available Cionel Perez (L)  1.0 IP, 13p last night;  1.1 IP, 21p Saturday at Norfolk Not Available Yennier Cano (R)   1.1 IP, 13p last night;  1.0 IP, 19p Sunday;  1.1 IP, 15p Friday  Danny Coulombe (L)  1.0 IP, 12p last night;  0.2 IP, 9p Sunday;  0.2 IP, 15p Friday 
    • His  original post was clearly a joke poking fun at the “SigBot”.   
    • It honestly boggles my mind that every single Shorebirds offensive prospects has complete crapping the bed and we've started into May. I know they are young, but wow, Sosa, Tavera and Estrada to a lesser extent because he wasn't though of as highly have really struggled to make the jump from the FCL. I'm learning a valuable lesson though about ranking these international players too high until they've proven themselves in Low-a ball at least. The track record of the international hitting prospects after Basallo, and Bencosme to a lesser extent has really been disappointing once they hit Low-A ball. Whatever is being worked on in the DSL and FCL for hitting techniques really needs to be looked at because it's not translating to the field. I think Koby Perez has done a great job overall, but he really needs some of these guys to start having some success above rookie ball.  It's still early, but man, every time I look at a box score I see another 0-fer with multiple Ks.  I'm also realizing i need to wait until I see these guys in live games before ranking them so high based on the feedback I received because these guys who really not proving it at levels where it starts to really matter. 
    • I guess I'll just come out and say it. the only person in this entire thread who is being obnoxious and whining is you. I get this is your place, and you can do what you want, that's cool. I'm also not going to be intimidated by Gestapo tactics or that you might fly off the handle the minute someone offers a different opinion than you do.  You're literally in here telling customers who pay to support this site to stop coming here. I'm the obnoxious one?
    • Actually, yesterday I had my brother bet the Os via online MGM in Michigan since he lives there and I live in CA and we can't bet in CA online.  I am betting double or nothing tomorrow.  Not today as I don't trust Kremer against that lineup. Thursday I will be in Vegas until Sunday at Aria so I will consider my options then.   And yes I 100% made the bet because of the reverse Roy lock jinx bet scenario.   And I cleared around $45K in profit on CAUD early yesterday.  I actually day trade for a living.
    • You don't have a different take, you are trying to be obnoxious and sarcastic by saying that everyone who used Sigbot thinks that the computer makes every decision on the Orioles.  I called you on it, now you got your panties in a wad, and now you're openly whining.  I'm absolutely prepared for a discussion and was having one with you and others until you went all sarcastic over the use of SIGBOT. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now