vs Cubs 7/16

NashLumber

2 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Dave Johnson likes to say "center cut".

At least with Johnson or Bordick it's a real PBP and color man. 2 man booth. With Angel and Hunter it's one guy for a whole inning. No interaction.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Baseball has such great meat product references. 

Butcher Boy

Center cut

Hot dog 

"Hit bull, win steak"

Meat, as in "Hey Meat, throw me that weak ****."

Served up on a platter.

Just now, scOtt said:

At least with Johnson or Bordick it's a real PBP and color man. 2 man booth. With Angel and Hunter it's one guy for a whole inning. No interaction.

I have detected a slight softening of Joe's barely concealed bitterness about working with Hunter. There was almost an easy banter between them one of the games before the break. Maybe Joe was just thinking about his vacation.

Just now, Chavez Ravine said:

I have detected a slight softening of Joe's barely concealed bitterness about working with Hunter. There was almost an easy banter between them one of the games before the break. Maybe Joe was just thinking about his vacation.

Montana bound.

1 minute ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Good pick up.  Joe seems like a very spontaneous guy with a great sense of humor.  Hunter combines the sincerity of a used car salesman/Top 40 radio guy with a megadose of sycophancy.   Joe was right to disdain him, particularly since Hunter was the guy who Angelos elevated at the expense of the great Jon Miller.

Archived