Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

6 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Cubs likely landing spot for Wilson per Rosenthal

That would be the best outcome for Britton's market.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Eh, I would be shocked if Zach is going anywhere. We may not have what it takes to win this year, so the question is do we play for next year or do we play for the distant future. I think the Orioles have shown enough that DD is not going to blow it up. That means keeping Zach and Manny and most likely Brach, and going for it next year after clearing Ubaldo, Miley, and JJ's contracts. Hopefully we get a nugget back for Smith or Castillo.

We aren't going to be able to buy enough starting arms to be competitive next year and we don't have strong options in the upper minors. Selling Britton, either now or in the offseason, is trading from a position of relative strength and depth. It also clears a significant amount of salary, which will also help fill holes.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Eh, I would be shocked if Zach is going anywhere. We may not have what it takes to win this year, so the question is do we play for next year or do we play for the distant future. I think the Orioles have shown enough that DD is not going to blow it up. That means keeping Zach and Manny and most likely Brach, and going for it next year after clearing Ubaldo, Miley, and JJ's contracts. Hopefully we get a nugget back for Smith or Castillo.

How have the Orioles shown enough? We have probably the worst rotation in baseball and although our offense is good it's not carrying a rotation that have most of its members sitting in the upper 4-low 7 ERA's. Several key starters contracts are up after 2018, etc.

If we keep Britton and Brach, it's because of poor offers. Not because we like our chances next year. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Castillo isn't going anywhere.  Someone please wake up DD.

Lucroy is a free agent so it is rental for them which is better for them they have a catcher that could be ready next year.  Castillo has that option though I think he opts out but not sure.

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Castillo isn't going anywhere.  Someone please wake up DD.

Someone wake up DD? You don't think the guy has likely been talking to all the clubs that are buying extensively? lol. It takes both teams...

Archived