Santander

OriolesMagic83

3 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

The hunters will one day become the hunted. Not a good way to do business.

Or, it could be a model that other teams follow. The O's don't seem to get hurt by the Rule 5 maybe it's an outcome of what is seen as our system lacking depth. It seems smart to me and completely within the rules. I am talking real injuries and not fake ones. Virtually no risk involved.

41 minutes ago, schittenden said:

Going to be hard for him to maintain that 2.212 OPS once he gets brought up.

I am not bashful about my enthusiasm, life's too short for too much rational consideration in sports. If Santander is a better player than Hays then we are in a pretty nice spot. Big if but obviously within the realm of possibility.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Why 75?    Won't he get to about 45 this year once he's called up in mid-August?

Hopefully he hits up here and renders the issue moot!

I think I read on this board that time after the rosters expand do not count but I am not sure. I found a FAQ online that talks about the 90 day requirement but doesn't mention September at all. So I cold be wrong. Hopefully, someone on the board will read my not so helpful post and correct me if I am wrong.

7 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Or, it could be a model that other teams follow. The O's don't seem to get hurt by the Rule 5 maybe it's an outcome of what is seen as our system lacking depth. It seems smart to me and completely within the rules. I am talking real injuries and not fake ones. Virtually no risk involved.

If not in the rule 5, there are other ways teams can hurt the O's if they see a practice as beneath the dignity of their game. There are more unwritten rules in baseball than written. 

20 minutes ago, Cumberbundy said:

If not in the rule 5, there are other ways teams can hurt the O's if they see a practice as beneath the dignity of their game. There are more unwritten rules in baseball than written. 

Not sure if you're implying that taking players in the Rule 5 draft is somehow against an unwritten rule - but there are 10-15 teams doing it every single year, so looks like the dignity of the game may not be particularly high.