Austin Hays

weams

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I think all 3 of his in play outs have been to short. Not bad. Once he gets the timing down a bit, those are going to be in the gap in left center or in the bullpens in Camden.

His two today were the result of pulling pitches near the outer edge of the plate. He has to hit those to right field.

After the debacle tonight if Hays isn't not in the lineup tomorrow it is a big middle finger from Buck to Dan. Joke last night he didn't pinch hit instead of Rickard. I thought whole point of him being brought up? How many more garbage at bats does Buck need to see? They will hit an occasional mistake that is it.  Trumbo, Davis and now Smith look awful.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

After the debacle tonight if Hays isn't not in the lineup tomorrow it is a big middle finger from Buck to Dan. Joke last night he didn't pinch hit instead of Rickard. I thought whole point of him being brought up? How many more garbage at bats does Buck need to see? They will hit an occasional mistake that is it.  Trumbo, Davis and now Smith look awful.  

Buck could see garbage ABs from now until the apocalypse and he'd still be loyal to his veterans.

Just now, Il BuonO said:

Sure it does. Rickard has been on the team longer.

If that is case he never should have been brought up. I never thought he would play all time but last night still irks me. I mean what is his role? I get they haven't faced any lefty starters but to let Joey hit?? Hays crushed lefties in minors. Did Buck and Dan even talk about a plan before he was called up? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If that is case he never should have been brought up. I never thought he would play all time but last night still irks me. I mean what is his role? I get they haven't faced any lefty starters but to let Joey hit?? Hays crushed lefties in minors.  Did Buck and Dan even talk about a plan before he was called up? 

No, that would be too functional. 

Edited by joelala

This is the type of garbage that gets Buck fired. This is precisely why he loses the team and the faith of management.

He ignores all statistical evidence when it comes to his "guys".

Ubaldo still being in the rotation is example A.

Smith, Davis and Trumbo all playing tonight and no pinch hitting are all supporting evidence.

I've long defended Buck and gave him full credit for turning us around but I now believe both he and Dan are detriments to the long term health of the franchise.

Neither is interested in a desperately needed rebuild and so the only logical conclusion is that they both must go.

33 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

At what point can the young guys start playing? I mean, how many games out do we have to be until we can let these guys get some experience and see what they can do? We are not getting a WC spot, Buck.. it's over! 

It ironic part is that giving Tillman's starts and Trumbo/Rickard/Smith's ABs to youngsters may have kept the team in the race, or at least gave them a better shot.

• Upvote 2