June 8th Vs. Toronto

Palmer Esque

Things work themselves out, Jones is in the game.

Bonehead move by Payton. I believe Jones hadn't had a day off since May 7th. He's still a rookie. We need to rest this kid to help him make it through the season.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonehead move by Payton. I believe Jones hadn't had a day off since May 7th. He's still a rookie. We need to rest this kid to help him make it through the season.

Markakis played in 161 games last year, Jones will be fine...

Agree, but we have had a bunch of off days, I know they are not the same as having an off day on day when a game is played. But he is young.

Markakis played in 161 games last year, Jones will be fine...

Yes, but he only played 147 his rookie year. I don't think it will hurt Jones too much now, but come August and September its probably gonna be tough on him as it is on most rookies. Giving him a day off every 2 weeks or so will help preserve him through the season. Come next year, I don't think he will wear down too much and I'd expect 155-160 games out of him.

Yes, but he only played 147 his rookie year. I don't think it will hurt Jones too much now, but come August and September its probably gonna be tough on him as it is on most rookies. Giving him a day off every 2 weeks or so will help preserve him through the season. Come next year, I don't think he will wear down too much and I'd expect 155-160 games out of him.

If we had our druthers, we could offload Payton to a contender for peanuts and let Terrero be the 4th OF. I have hope that AM might do some organizational house cleaning like that by the deadline.

Archived