2017 A.L.C.S. (Astros vs. Yankees)

OFFNY

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Morton is at 28 pitches through 3 innings.

o

29 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Morton is at 36 pitches through 4 innings.

o

o

Morton is at 54 pitches through 5 innings.

o

Not able to watch the game tonight, but I have been listening to the Houston feed online.  They've spent a lot of time talking about a "bug" that's been going around the Yankees clubhouse.

So if the Yankees win they've valiantly battled back is spite of a debilitating disease.  Warriors one and all...

If they lose, well it's not their fault is it?  They were sick.

That's how they play the media game in the big city folks.  A-list PR flakitude.  Take notes....

Oh, btw...die Yankee scum!

I think the inexperience finally caught up with the NYY. I also think their rotation is not as deep and good as the Astros'. When a 37-year old 300-pound man is supposed to be your stopper, there are issues (of course, I would take him on the Orioles rotation in a heartbeat, but I digress). Sanchez is a corner infielder playing catcher. He does not defend the plate well (several balls dropped in plays at the plate). They are not there yet but they are close.

On 10/17/2017 at 8:31 PM, OFFNY said:

O

It is very disheartening to have your starting pitcher throw 6 shutout innings on the road, have your offense stake you to a 4-0 lead in the process, and still lose the game.

If the Astros do wind up losing this game, we will find out what they are made of.

o

On 10/17/2017 at 8:35 PM, tntoriole said:

Their GM decided their pen didn’t need any improvement. Their bullpen had a 5.16 ERA after the All-Star Break ...... 25th in Majors. Bad call. 

o

The Astros did wind up losing that game ........ and the next one, also.

And we also found out what they are made of, when facing the adversity of a 3 games to 2 deficit in a championship series

o

6 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

I think the inexperience finally caught up with the NYY. I also think their rotation is not as deep and good as the Astros'. When a 37-year old 300-pound man is supposed to be your stopper, there are issues (of course, I would take him on the Orioles rotation in a heartbeat, but I digress). Sanchez is a corner infielder playing catcher. He does not defend the plate well (several balls dropped in plays at the plate). They are not there yet but they are close.

I think the Yankees are going to address their weaknesses during the off season, while DD spends $50M on the next Ubaldo and Miley.  

4 hours ago, kaerts111 said:

There will be heck to be paid from the NY upper management/front office -  The Yankees needed to win this pennant. Great to see them lose now -  we will pay the price next season(s)

There will be nothing to be paid. The Yankees had no idea what type of season they were in for this year. They were actually thinking they would need to get through some growing pains this year and contend next year. They were 1 game away from the Series a year ahead of schedule. Heck to be paid? They will be doling out big fat bonuses for the upper mgmt and front office lol.

Archived