Five Factors That Could Affect Manny Machado's Contract

PressBoxOnline

The article says, "However, if the team flounders to begin next season and isn't competitive come July, it will have to trade Machado."

Haven't we learned that the Orioles don't have to do anything -- even if wisdom, common sense, logic and the good of the franchise cry out for it? Dubroff acts as if there's a thoughtful, rational decision-maker behind the Orioles key decisions, despite all indications to the contrary? 

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

The article says, "However, if the team flounders to begin next season and isn't competitive come July, it will have to trade Machado."

Haven't we learned that the Orioles don't have to do anything -- even if wisdom, common sense, logic and the good of the franchise cry out for it? Dubroff acts as if there's a thoughtful, rational decision-maker behind the Orioles key decisions, despite all indications to the contrary? 

I’m sure there are plenty of smart, rational people in the Orioles front office.  I just think the power structure and competing factions really hamper the team’s ability to move in any direction with a clear vision.

3 hours ago, phillyOs119 said:

I’m sure there are plenty of smart, rational people in the Orioles front office.  I just think the power structure and competing factions really hamper the team’s ability to move in any direction with a clear vision.

The only problem seems to be that the only person in the front office who is not smart or rational makes the final decision.

Archived