Brian Roberts trade rumors back on!

ed101elove

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1. Once a thread is locked, don't re-start a duplicate.

2. There's no evidence that Rosenthal said any such thing, so I fixed that for you.

3. elismlbrumors.com isn't considered a "credible source."

This is exactly why I don't understand this board. If you don't have a press credential or over 1K posts, no one believes you. Last I checked, this is a message board.

I was very glad to see this guy have his post backed up, whether he did it or now.

With Weeks on the DL, it will be tough for the Brew Crew to stay in contention without making a move. Craig Counsell is not exactly a power, speed, or much of anything threat.

The Brew Crew were having a tough time staying in contention with Weeks' .210 AVG fronting the order.

Maybe having Joe Dillon rack up some PT in his place will help more than hurt.

If nothing else, maybe AM can get the Brewers and Cubs into a bidding war for Roberts. How would it make Henry feel to spend all winter trying to aquire Roberts, just to see him go to a division rival?

All things considered, if the Brewers want BRob bad enough, they can definately put together a much stronger package then the Cubs.

I would take any two of Weeks/LaPorta, Gamel/Escobar and Bill Hall for Roberts and Sherill over any four the Cubs offer.

If we could work out a mega deal like BRob, DCab, and Sherill for LaPorta/Gamel, Weeks, Escobar, and Hall that would be nice.

Remember, the Brewers can give up a lot to go for it now, because they can/will recoupe a lot of talent back if/when they decide to trade Fielder. They could always move Braun to 1b, if they trade LaPorta.

How about Roberts for Bill Hall and ___________ (LaPorta, Gamel, I don't know).

I'd love to have Escobar be the second guy but I just can't see it happening. I don't think the Brewers would trade him for Roberts straight up (I would take that deal).

I think you are overrating Escobar especially with the presence of JJ Hardy.

If nothing else, maybe AM can get the Brewers and Cubs into a bidding war for Roberts. How would it make Henry feel to spend all winter trying to aquire Roberts, just to see him go to a division rival?

All things considered, if the Brewers want BRob bad enough, they can definately put together a much stronger package then the Cubs.

I would take any two of Weeks/LaPorta, Gamel/Escobar and Bill Hall for Roberts and Sherill over any four the Cubs offer.

If we could work out a mega deal like BRob, DCab, and Sherill for LaPorta/Gamel, Weeks, Escobar, and Hall that would be nice.

Remember, the Brewers can give up a lot to go for it now, because they can/will recoupe a lot of talent back if/when they decide to trade Fielder. They could always move Braun to 1b, if they trade LaPorta.

I suspect Hendry would feel great knowing his offense has been so good that Roberts is no longer a need, while his team's expected top division rival is sensing their season slipping away to the point of it becoming necessary to overpay for Roberts.

Taking on Bill Hall could really help us get a little more...That is a salary the Brewers may not want...We could make him a super UTI guy...An expensive one but so what...If you get more talent, those guys making no money more than makes up Hall's contract.

Re-starting the Roberts trade speculation leaves me both horrified that we're going to go through that collective obsession all over again and delighted to be reminded that we're nearing the deadline and might pick up a key piece soon. It's fascinating being an O's fan nowadays and we didn't used to be able to say that.

I suspect Hendry would feel great knowing his offense has been so good that Roberts is no longer a need, while his team's expected top division rival is sensing their season slipping away to the point of it becoming necessary to overpay for Roberts.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. And honestly, I could care less if the Cubs or Brewers overpay for Roberts. I'm not in the business of looking out for other teams well-being.

But, I guess its unlikely, that after nearly a 100 years, HenDry isn't under any pressure to win it all. Especially after their hot start, and their murderers-row type offense they have.

Especially, since we all know, the Cubs have never had a collapse, after what seemed to be a destined WS run.

Taking on Bill Hall could really help us get a little more...That is a salary the Brewers may not want...We could make him a super UTI guy...An expensive one but so what...If you get more talent, those guys making no money more than makes up Hall's contract.

If we got Bill Hall, he'd be our starting shortstop right now. I don't remember who had the stats, but he compared pretty well to what would be considered "elite" fielding shortstops. Plus there's no way he'd be worse offensively than our dynamic duo of Cintron and Bynum.

If we got Bill Hall, he'd be our starting shortstop right now. I don't remember who had the stats, but he compared pretty well to what would be considered "elite" fielding shortstops. Plus there's no way he'd be worse offensively than our dynamic duo of Cintron and Bynum.

YEa, you are right...I was thinking Escobar would be the starter but he could probably use some more time in the minors.

Thanks for the grammar lesson. And honestly, I could care less if the Cubs or Brewers overpay for Roberts. I'm not in the business of looking out for other teams well-being.

But, I guess its unlikely, that after nearly a 100 years, HenDry isn't under any pressure to win it all. Especially after their hot start, and their murderers-row type offense they have.

Especially, since we all know, the Cubs have never had a collapse, after what seemed to be a destined WS run.

Being under pressure to win it all doesn't equate to doing something so stupid as to spend several valuable chips to bring in a 2B that's underperforming the guy you've got there already.

Logic would suggest that come July, Hendry will go all out for the best SP on the market. Heck maybe he'll go after the two best. Hill, Pie, Colvin, Ceda, Gallagher, Cedeno, Veal, etc -- everyone's available. Just not for Roberts. That page has been turned.

Archived