Brian Roberts trade rumors back on!

ed101elove

What's your take, SG? Something "fishy" going on?

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

I don't know man. The entire city of Richmond was covered in a nasty fog of smoke this past weekend that came all the way from the fires down in North Carolina. I don't think anything's up here.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ESPN has reported the following today:

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

"The Milwaukee Brewers recently sent two scouts to watch Baltimore Orioles second baseman Brian Roberts, and they are reportedly interested in offering Rickie Weeks in a deal for Roberts.

It remains uncertain if the Orioles are willing to offer Roberts for Weeks straight-up, however it is clear that they will not get as nice a package for their veteran second baseman as the one proposed by the Chicago Cubs in Spring Training according to Ken Rosenthal's latest column."

Sounds like a crap deal to me.

It is!:angryfire:

Trading Brian Robeerts is a BIG NO!:no:

My take is he is hurt and it may heighten their need for a second baseman...It also hurts Weeks' value a little bit more.

Then they should throw in another prospect (two total) along with Weeks. Roberts for Weeks straight up isn't fair anyway. Roberts is proven qiuality. Weeks could be as good, better, or a lost worse than BR in the long haul.

What would be very interesting is if the Brewers want all of DCab, Sherrill and BRob.

There are so many options with the Brewers right now...The one you could see the easiest for them is Sherrill because of his salary and service time but DCab and BRob make a lot of sense for them as well.

And if the Cards get in on BRob, the Brewers may be forced to pay a little more if they really want Roberts.

I can't see the O's throwing their 3 biggest trading chips into one package. Neither can I see the Brewers throwing their 4-5 best prospects in one package.

I can't see the O's throwing their 3 biggest trading chips into one package. Neither can I see the Brewers throwing their 4-5 best prospects in one package.

I do agree with this. I don't think I would want them to do that to be honest.

But 2 of them to Milwaukee makes a lot of sense. Any combo of 2 of those 3 guys makes sense for the Brewers.

BTW, let's not forget how much they gave up for Linebrink last year...They showed they will give up a lot to get something of value at the deadline.

How about Roberts for Bill Hall and ___________ (LaPorta, Gamel, I don't know).

I'd love to have Escobar be the second guy but I just can't see it happening. I don't think the Brewers would trade him for Roberts straight up (I would take that deal).

How about Roberts for Bill Hall and ___________ (LaPorta, Gamel, I don't know).

I'd love to have Escobar be the second guy but I just can't see it happening. I don't think the Brewers would trade him for Roberts straight up (I would take that deal).

I'd do Roberts for Hall and Laporta in a heartbeat.

Archived