What If Tillman Gets Hammered in Spring Training?

mdbdotcom

I first saw on here that the game was only on radio, and then read a bunch of comments that Tillman "looked" just like last year.  Are posters only going by results or did someone actually see the pitching and could tell his arm angle, etc., was the same as last year?

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, O's84 said:

What If Tillman Gets Hammered in Spring Training?

Easy boys, just send him to AA!

18 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What if he gets hammered in AA?

Lmao! Well played sir, well played.

1 minute ago, Pheasants said:

I first saw on here that the game was only on radio, and then read a bunch of comments that Tillman "looked" just like last year.  Are posters only going by results or did someone actually see the pitching and could tell his arm angle, etc., was the same as last year?

Plenty of reports of him missing arm-side, his poor velocity, etc.

If you walk 6, you look bad, I don't care if you're blind.

I'd be less concerned if this wasn't an exact replay of what we was all last year.  Struggling with command and velocity.  Doesn't seem like he's any better.  If they don't put on a full court press to sign Cobb now, they're fools.

Just now, Pheasants said:

Yeah, I’m waiting on video of the arm slot before I get too worked up. If he’s not back to the pre-injury slot I think it’s insane that they gave him guaranteed money. If he is back to the old slot and gets back to his old velocity I’m more than willing to write this one and all of his spring training outings off.

Just now, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, I’m waiting on video of the arm slot before I get too worked up. If he’s not back to the pre-injury slot I think it’s insane that they gave him guaranteed money. If he is back to the old slot and gets back to his old velocity I’m more than willing to write this one and all of his spring training outings off.

I give him to the end of spring training in any case.  The money is spent.

12 minutes ago, weams said:

Lefty! Get him up here after Tillman gets released. I kid.

Seriously, though, Tillman is a cheap asset. He could be getting termination pay if things don’t turn around.

Right? I think that’s right. 

Oh wait! ML deal....

Just now, esmd said:

I'd be less concerned if this wasn't an exact replay of what we was all last year.  Struggling with command and velocity.  Doesn't seem like he's any better.  If they don't put on a full court press to sign Cobb now, they're fools.

They're fools (or there's at least one fool, and he has the only vote) whether  or not they sign Cobb. But yeah, should have made their best offer a week or so ago,and need to pay for that mistake now by offering more.

I'm guessing there's a 5 to 10 percent chance of that happening.

16 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Roch reported pretty frequently that some in the front office were saying that the team had all last season to fix Tillman and couldn't get it done so how is this year any different. I wonder if that person was DD. 

Archived