Albert Belle arrested (again)

scOtt

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, scOtt said:

He was last an Oriole so I guess it belongs here.

DUI, Exreme DUI and 2 counts of Indecent Exposure. At an AZ ST game.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-star-albert-belle-arrested-indecent-exposure-dui-extreme-dui-044455110.html

This sounded terrible. I looked it up. Arizona words things weird. He could have been one beer away from being completely sober. His indecent exposure is probably that he was caught urinating.

Doesn’t sound like he should be hanging out with Delmon Young just yet. 

41 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

His indecent exposure is probably that he was caught urinating.

It was more than that. He was peeing in a parking lot next to an occupied vehicle with a young girl in it. The father yelled at him to stop, which prompted Belle to wave his cash and prizes at them. Classy guy.

9 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

It was more than that. He was peeing in a parking lot next to an occupied vehicle with a young girl in it. The father yelled at him to stop, which prompted Belle to wave his cash and prizes at them. Classy guy.

That’s weird. Probably enough to land a non-millionaire with some sex offender registry type charge. 

48 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Ive been in broadcasting for 40 years. I've been privileged to have met some outstanding human beings. Unfortunately, I also came upon some really bad people too. Albert Belle is on the top of my list. I don't wish to "kick a man" when he is down, but this is a guy who once tried to run kids over in his car on Halloween because they dared prank him. This is the same guy who threw a ball at a fan in the stands in a hostile, not friendly way.

Im sorry Belle has an issue with substances and apparently some sort of other issues. I don't mock that. I do want people to know that I tried many times to have him on my show and get "his side" of all the bad behavior.

Lets just say he wasn't interested.

In fact I flew some 3,000 miles to interview him several years ago and the Indians encouraged him to do the interview..and he stiffed me.

When Sandy Alomar tried to defend me...Belle wanted to fight Sandy.

It was another ugly incident.

He also wouldn't even shake my hand when I was introduced to him when he came to the Orioles.

He was a very angry, threatening person as a player.

He made millions of dollars playing a game. Fans loved him.

He gave little back in return.

Again, I wish for him only to find some light in his life and somehow find his way back into good graces...but he's my least favorite person I've ever met in sports...and its not even close.He owes me NOTHING..but he owes the game and the sport and  the public EVERYTHING. When you are sick though...its hard to see that.

This is a damned shame.

Us psychiatrist types would say Albert appears to have "issues."  

The Orioles earned criticism for signing Belle, who had a bad reputation before joining the O's. I would never root for a player who I know is mean and crude. I don't root for egregious cheats. Baseball is better than football, in part because football is rife with thuggish behavior.

1 hour ago, Dark Helmet said:

He had all the talent in the world, but that will be overshadowed by him being a bad guy.

He deserves every bit of criticism he gets as a human being.

Belle looks unrecognizable.  If you didn't tell me that was Belle, I wouldn't have know it was him.  Belle needs clean himself up and get some help. I don't think he too many years left at this rate.   

13 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

He made millions of dollars playing a game. Fans loved him.

The Fans loved him?  Or are you saying there were some examples of baseball fans, somewhere, who loved him?

Because in my experience he was one of the least liked players in baseball.  I was in the stands for O's-Indians games where the LF stands were peppered with hecklers for Joey.  The reaction when he came to Baltimore was somewhere between "what the heck are they doing?" and "I won't root for him even in an O's uniform."  He threw a baseball in the stands, well, because he's nuts, but also because the fans were heckling him about being an alcoholic.  Belle was one of the least loved players of his era.  Not that he didn't deserve it...

Belle group when interviewed about him and the HOF:

"I enjoyed every minute of it,” Belle said. “I might not have had a smile on my face all the time, but I did enjoy great moments."

He seemingly accomplished everything he did without steroids, once telling an interviewer, “I was just an angry black man.” Part of his reason for shying away might have had to do with a focus on sobriety that came after he went to rehab for alcohol abuse early in his career.

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/news/albert-belle-hall-of-fame-chances-stats-career-interview/1dhub7e1j0q0r1xxo3r74lz5pa

20 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

There were fans who loved Albert...for his performance. He looks good compared to Clemens, who dated a 15 year old who ultimately committed suicide. Plus a number of other unsavory acts that place Clemens far above Belle on the despicable list, imo.

I’d never heard about the rumored relationship between Clemens and Mindy McCready that is alluded to in your post.    Yes, we can all agree that grown men shouldn’t be dating 15-year olds.    Your post sort of implies that this relationship led to McCready’s suicide, but that doesn’t seem fair. McCready was 38 years old and had numerous relationships and personal issues between the time of her alleged relationship with Clemens and the time of her death.

30 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’d never heard about the rumored relationship between Clemens and Mindy McCready that is alluded to in your post.    Yes, we can all agree that grown men shouldn’t be dating 15-year olds.    Your post sort of implies that this relationship led to McCready’s suicide, but that doesn’t seem fair. McCready was 38 years old and had numerous relationships and personal issues between the time of her alleged relationship with Clemens and the time of her death.

Dean Cain was engaged to Mindy at one point and left that relationship, said she was "poisonous,"

Archived