2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

I didn’t see it, but that couldn’t have been much more discouraging.   Fastball sitting 89-90, touching 91.      Not throwing enough strikes, not afraid to throw his curve, from the looks of things.   

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't have it.  Mechanics and stuff look just like last year.  He actually looked worse than his 4 IP, 4 ER line indicated. 

How many of these clunkers before he is pulled from the rotation?  5 more?  10 more?  

Pretty angry we signed him to a major league contract if this is what he looked like in work outs.  If Wright looks decent in his next two starts then Tillman needs to be the one pulled from the rotation when Cobb is ready. 

36 minutes ago, joelala said:

I can't imagine him being in the rotation by June.  It's pretty plain to see that he's finished.  I haven't seen worse fastball command since...Gausman, yesterday.  It's painful to watch.

If he is looking like this and still in the rotation anywhere close to June, I think my head will explode.  

I watched. It could have been much worse. He's not fooling anyone. Fastball was not fast and location was poor. They were just spitting on his curve ball, which looked loopy. There was a tiny bit of deception in his change. But he can't get by with that FB. And he can't get by with that curve. 

It's like varsity versus the j.v. tonight. Houston is so superior to us. 

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He doesn't have it.  Mechanics and stuff look just like last year.  He actually looked worse than his 4 IP, 4 ER line indicated. 

How many of these clunkers before he is pulled from the rotation?  5 more?  10 more?  

Pretty angry we signed him to a major league contract if this is what he looked like in work outs.  If Wright looks decent in his next two starts then Tillman needs to be the one pulled from the rotation when Cobb is ready. 

I’m thinking five starts. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t see it, but that couldn’t have been much more discouraging.   Fastball sitting 89-90, touching 91.      Not throwing enough strikes, not afraid to throw his curve, from the looks of things.   

You mean hanging curve...

Archived