Wieters promoted to Bowie

tywright

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If true, this is inexcuseably stupid. He should have been up to Bowie a month ago. He is not going to learn anything else mashing A pitching to the tune of a 1.400 OPS. Time to move him up and let him face some much better arms, especially if they are thinking of dealing Hernandez anytime before next year and going with Weiters.

Its because he hasn't technically been promoted yet. They'll figure out who comes off the Bowie roster and then promote him.

I'll be shocked, and upset, if he plays another game at Frederick.

Sorry Mackus, but if that's all it takes to "shock and upset" you, you need to grow thicker skin. If they need to decide on a corresponding roster move and don't want him sitting around with his thumb up his butt, he might as well play another game in Frederick until they make that other move. Not a big deal, at all if he's promoted today, or tomorrow or the next day. Apparently, MacPhail knows he's ready and they just need to sort some things out.

If true, this is inexcuseably stupid. He should have been up to Bowie a month ago. He is not going to learn anything else mashing A pitching to the tune of a 1.400 OPS. Time to move him up and let him face some much better arms, especially if they are thinking of dealing Hernandez anytime before next year and going with Weiters.

Why don't you go ahead and overreact a little bit?.....:eektf:

Meanwhile in another thread: "Weiters Promoted To Bowie."....:clap3:

No he's not....yes he is....no he's not....yes he is....:confused:

they might as well just start referring to Bowie as the launching pad - our best prospects seem to stop there before launching into the majors.

although, i cannot help but notice that McPhail seems to be pushing that some of these kids get some time at Norfolk - am I imagining this or do other people feel that Norfolk is becoming something more than a AAAA stash?

Archived