Random Thought Thread

Moose Milligan

Just now, Dipper9 said:

It was during WineFest.  I'm not a wine drinker, but for the price of the ticket, I was pounding every sample all day.  (little did I know you're supposed to swish it around and then spit it out.  Go figure.)  Anyway, by the time we got to the brewery there, I was sloshed and going on and on about what a big O's fan I am.  She was very polite, posed for a picture, and then moved on.  Not one of my best moments.  

Swish it around and spit it out, pfffft.  You're not a snob.  Puff that chest out and stand tall.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Swish it around and spit it out, pfffft.  You're not a snob.  Puff that chest out and stand tall.  

Well, that's what I did.  Drank about 100 wine samples that day in addition to vodkas, limoncello, grappa, beer, more beer, whiskey, more beer.  Ah....good times!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Exactly, I have a similar story. My nephews GF is a chef. She put on a wine tasting with 5 food stations from around the world, 4 bottles per station so 20 "tastings". Me, I'm a Natty Boh kinda guy. So end of the night she passes around a survey asking all to rank the wines at each station from most expensive to least. Everyone else was a wine person. I scored 20 for 20 and won the hand painted wine glass and promptly filled it with Natty Boh. The wine snobs were not amused. lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The random though I can't get out of my head is what does this team do with Chris Davis?    I think they have to buy him out this off-season.  Hopefully he is man enough to take  some discounted percentage of what he is owed and try to get a fresh start somewhere else.  

Would he take 80%?  Would the O's?

Tom Boswell wrapped up his latest chat on WaPo with this give and take:

Q:  Seems like the Orioles made fairly smart moves in dealing Machado, Britton, Brach, O'Day and Schoop. Do you think John and Lou Angelos (and Brady Anderson) are steering the ship now?

A:  Ship? What ship? They are like Ishmael floating on the ocean looking for a piece of sunken whaling ship to pop above the surface so he can cling to it and hope to be rescued. Peter Angelos did more damage to that franchise than Moby Dick did to the Pequod.

Enjoy the summer!

https://live.washingtonpost.com/ask-boswell-20180807.html