Random Thought Thread

Moose Milligan

7.32, 7.03, 5.56, 7.56.  Those are the ERAs of the 4 O's pitcher's that pitched tonight (5/23/18).  And of course until recently we had a pitcher who pitched for us with an even worse ERA (10.46 by Tillman!).  Truly  pathetic.

6 minutes ago, O's84 said:

7.32, 7.03, 5.56, 7.56.  Those are the ERAs of the 4 O's pitcher's that pitched tonight (5/23/18).  And of course until recently we had a pitcher who pitched for us with an even worse ERA (10.46 by Tillman!).  Truly  pathetic.

The second one is my area code.

6 hours ago, El_Duderino said:

Random thought:

The teams with similar records as the Os were built with tanking in mind. Unintentional tanking for the win. 

The truly hilarious/heartbreaking aspect of this season.  This was FO/dugout giving it their best.

11 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Could you repeat that?  :leaving::deadhorse:

27 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

11 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Could you repeat that?  :leaving::deadhorse:

What happened to the edit function?  

27 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

Unfortionately the baseball seaseon is over for me.  My second interest is hope for the Yankees to lose, I am rooting for the Red Sox to beat them out.  I don't hate the Red Sox nearly as much as the Yankees.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Friend:   So, did you guys hear the one about the team that went all in to win a championship with their GM, Manager, Best Player, 2 Best Relievers, and Team Leader all on the last year of their contract?  They doubled down by starting the season with 3 Rule V guys, 5 Non-Roster Invitees and Chris Tillman and Mike Wright.

Me:  So how'd that turn out?

Friend:  Well, they were shockingly 19 games out of first place before Memorial Day, had the worst record in all of baseball but proved to all that their commitment was real by plunging ahead and working hard and changing nothing.

Me:  Is that supposed to be a joke?  It's not very funny.

Friend:  No it is not funny.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, O's84 said:

8 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The second one is my area code.

That's probably where the balls land off of Oriole pitchers.