Does anyone else find the White Sox announcers to be really annoying?

broberts

I asked this in the game thread.

When a Sox batter K's, does Hawk say "he gone"?

Contrast that w/a Mariners broadcast. I watch the M's here in the NW and too often do the announcers just go silent for like 10-15 seconds during the game. I mean, its dead air, then all of the sudden you hear the train horn as it goes by the stadium.

Usually when the White Sox are losing by a good margin Hawk and DJ will go silent for literally MINUTES at a time, instead of blathering like drunken hillbillies. It's like music to my ears.

Usually when the White Sox are losing by a good margin Hawk and DJ will go silent for literally MINUTES at a time, instead of blathering like drunken hillbillies. It's like music to my ears.

Ha ha, that's great. Yeah, they ARE homers for sure.

I was at the game last night, sitting in front of two vocal but not real bright-sounding White Sox fans. One of them had a sign that said "Grinder ball rule #1: it's not how you start, it's how you finish." Is "grinder ball" some idiotic phrase Harrelson has recentlycooked up? And kind of a stupid sign to wave around when your team gets off to a 5-1 start. When the Sox blew the game, I hope they appreciated the irony.

Dempsey is no better...He made a comment earlier today about Millar's high OBP and that you don't expect that from him.

HUh?

That is exactly what you expect from him.

Dempsey is flat out awful.

Dempsey may make ignorant statements a lot of times and bad jokes others, but he can't be slightly entertaining at times and isn't as bad a homer as the White Sox guys are.

I'm amazed that they still have jobs. Even most of the White Sox fan base hate them.

BTW, I was at the game today and there certainly did seem to be a large number of Sox fans there. Maybe they were just in my section but I was surprised by how many I heard.

More fun with Hawk. On Thursday night he proclaimed Josh Fields as bound for the Hall of Fame. Seriously. He said of Fields... "Everything about him has Cooperstown written all over it." Of course, that was during a win. By Sunday when they were making excuses for losing 3 in a row, Hawk said that the biggest problem was losing Joe Crede to injuries.

So in conclusion:

Losing a guy with a career .750 OPS + replacing him with a future HOFer = losing season

Thanks Hawk.

Dempsey is no better...He made a comment earlier today about Millar's high OBP and that you don't expect that from him.

HUh?

That is exactly what you expect from him.

Dempsey is flat out awful.

Yeah and then when they were talking about the 83 ALCS, what was he babbling about in regards to Larussa and the White Sox? He said something about they were a great team that year and he led them to like 120+ wins that season.

I would have loved to hear these douche bags on Saturday night.

They were very silent, went quickly to commercial, and then came back and just read the credits. Very funny.

Watching them is like betting $1 million in Vegas. Hellova risk with huge downside if you lose, but very much worthwhile going through when you win.

Archived