Could the Orioles Move Out of Baltimore in 2024?

oriolesfan97

2 hours ago, weams said:

Oakland is moving.

I'll believe that when it happens. Both Tampa and Miami should lose teams before Baltimore would. Add Oakland and probably Pittsburgh to that list. That's 4 teams that should be considered for relocation before the Orioles. They aren't moving 4 teams in the next 30 years, much less by 2024. 

26 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'll believe that when it happens. Both Tampa and Miami should lose teams before Baltimore would. Add Oakland and probably Pittsburgh to that list. That's 4 teams that should be considered for relocation before the Orioles. They aren't moving 4 teams in the next 30 years, much less by 2024. 

And if the Orioles don't win a WS in the next 10-15 years, I'm not sure I'll even care if they do move by then.

6 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

We agree on this subject!!!!!

On the whole, MLB has an attendance issue, and adding teams or moving teams, is not going to solve the problem.

54 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Tampa and Oakland eventually will get new places to play or will leave. Soon after  those situations are resolved, MLB will expand to 32 teams. I don't know very much about the Miami situation, but if the Marlins do move it will be after expansion.

Pittsburgh and Baltimore aren't going anywhere in the next 20 to 25 years. 

Edited by spiritof66

2 hours ago, weams said:

They are moving in Oakland.  Which is now San Fran. 

The A's have looked at several sites in Oakland and, so far as I've seen, have found lots of problems with each and haven't identified a winner.

My impression is that the enormous wealth in the Bay Area and the ongoing gentrification of Oakland, which make keeping the team in Oakland more desirable, also have made it a lot harder to find and afford a place to build a decent stadium. While the city government has not been too supportive financially of the A's' and Raiders' stadium plans, I am guessing it will do what's necessary to avoid the loss of the A's.