Baseball America Midseason Prospect List

VaBird1

3 hours ago, hoosiers said:

I think the discount is at least half a grade.  It is earned, but we've earned for excelling in several ways - not participating in the international scene, being difficult to deal with, at various times very poor drafting, very poor developing, etc.

The criticisms the Orioles face is generally quite fair. I would bet that when he takes a full look at it after the deadline and really is honest with himself, Callis will correct himself and be more appreciative of what was accomplished here. 

Their Midseason Top 10 is:

1.  Diaz
2.  Hays
3.  Mountcastle
4.  Hall
5.  G. Rodriguez
6.  Harvey
7.  Scott
8.  Akin
9.  McKenna
10.  Mullins

They list Sisco, Santander and Hess as "graduating".

31 minutes ago, VaBird1 said:

Their Midseason Top 10 is:

1.  Diaz
2.  Hays
3.  Mountcastle
4.  Hall
5.  G. Rodriguez
6.  Harvey
7.  Scott
8.  Akin
9.  McKenna
10.  Mullins

They list Sisco, Santander and Hess as "graduating".

I think Tanner Scott also has graduated, by exceeding 45 days’ service time.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think Tanner Scott also has graduated, by exceeding 45 days’ service time.   

Even if he hadn't, I think he's the one on the list that least belongs in the top ten.  I'd have Hanifee, Lowther, Stewart, and Kremer ahead of him at the very least. 

Argument could be made that Pop is a better prospect considering he has a similar plus plus fastball and better command of his pitches and that's a guy that's probably in the 15-20 range for us at best. 

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Even if he hadn't, I think he's the one on the list that least belongs in the top ten.  I'd have Hanifee, Lowther, Stewart, and Kremer ahead of him at the very least. 

Argument could be made that Pop is a better prospect considering he has a similar plus plus fastball and better command of his pitches and that's a guy that's probably in the 15-20 range for us at best. 

I agree with you.    

29 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

They had Hanifee,, Lowther and Stewart just outside.

Archived