Any official opinions on the O's draft?

The publications really do not offer much of an assessment until it sees who signed and how some kids did in short season.

The only things that stand out to BA are who drafted well for their position and who ended up witha lot of BA top 200 prospects - Oakland drafted a lot.

The upside of the Os draft appears to be centered around whether or not we will sign Bundy and/or Brady. These are two guys who could have been drafted in the first three rounds on merit.

The publications really do not offer much of an assessment until it sees who signed and how some kids did in short season.

The only things that stand out to BA are who drafted well for their position and who ended up witha lot of BA top 200 prospects - Oakland drafted a lot.

The upside of the Os draft appears to be centered around whether or not we will sign Bundy and/or Brady. These are two guys who could have been drafted in the first three rounds on merit.

Thanks a lot. I didn't know that Bundy and Brady seemed so important to our draft.

Lets not forget about Landers and Martin as well. These 4 could have gone much much higher. Bundy probally would have gone 1st round if not for the knee and Landers was considered to go much higher as well. We land all 4 and we are really sitting pretty. I still dont understand passing on Mellville but thats old news now.

KG said it looked like we were trying to put together an Olympic sprinting team or something

Avery and Hudson are 80s on the 20-80 scale -- Hoes is fringe-plus, but is much better once he's up an running than he is out of the box (maybe a 55?). I don't know about the olympics, but we could definitely take any other draft class, I think.

Archived