When will the Orioles Announce hirings?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not during the World Series, are they allowed to.

Whatever, the Twins announced that Baldelli is their new manager.

NO ONE CARES.  No one outside this message board cares.  Whoever the Orioles hire as president will not distract anyone from the World Series.  Just like the Twins announcing that Baldelli is their new manager, no one outside of Minnesota cares about that either.

People seem to think the Orioles are close, I disagree.  It takes them forever to do anything.  This won't be any different.

I'd love to be wrong.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Whatever, the Twins announced that Baldelli is their new manager.

NO ONE CARES.  No one outside this message board cares.  Whoever the Orioles hire as president will not distract anyone from the World Series.  Just like the Twins announcing that Baldelli is their new manager, no one outside of Minnesota cares about that either.

People seem to think the Orioles are close, I disagree.  It takes them forever to do anything.  This won't be any different.

I'd love to be wrong.

Has it been formally announced? Or was it just rumors leaking out that it will be?

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

It was on Sportscenter this morning.

Yes, the internet is ablazed. but.

Sources tell @Fox9Sports that the #mntwins will hire Rocco Baldelli as their new manager tomorrow afternoon at a press conference at Target Field.

— FOX 9 Sports (@Fox9Sports) October 25, 2018

just splitting hairs here.

I am surprised at this being allowed.

I guess it backs up what I have been saying that MLB doesn't care anything about their organization.

So those that claim MLB will force the Orioles to sell, are just wet.

19 minutes ago, weams said:

Today?

Since it’s an off day during the WS, today would be an ideal day to make an announcement, as long as they have made a decision on who the new Pres of Baseball Ops will be.   Otherwise, the next chance they would have to announce the hiring would be Monday, unless the series only lasts 4 games, which would allow for an announcement to come out on Sunday. But typically, major announcements aren’t made on Sundays, so if it’s not today, it will most likely be sometime next week.

I know we all want an answer on this ASAP, but at this point, I’m prepared to wait until next week.  But there’s no reason why this process should last any longer than next week, as 11/1 is next Thursday and the latest the WS could end is 10/31, should it go 7 games.  Whatever the case, we should have a resolution on this within the next week.

I am hoping they have been working behind the scenes and have decided at least on the lead job and announce it tomorrow or at worse Tuesday.  Giving them the benefit of the doubt only the World Series was holding any announcement from being made.  So I will make my last optimistic prediction it will be no later than Tuesday.  If I am wrong I give myself to the dark side and name Webbrick my master.  How does the rest of you feel?

Archived