Potential Target: C.J. Cron

Brooks The Great

The Rays just DFA'd C.J. Cron. If he ultimately gets released, I think he'd be a nice signing for the O's as the team tanks next season.

Sign Cron to a 2-year deal or 1-year with a team option, and he could wind up being a decent trade asset at the deadline if he sees any improvement from playing half his games at OPACY, which he should. I think a deal at approximately $6 million or under annually would be a nice gamble.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brooks The Great said:

The Rays just DFA'd C.J. Cron. If he ultimately gets released, I think he'd be a nice signing for the O's as the team tanks next season.

Sign Cron to a 2-year deal or 1-year with a team option, and he could wind up being a decent trade asset at the deadline if he sees any improvement from playing half his games at OPACY, which he should. I think a deal at approximately $6 million or under annually would be a nice gamble.

Where would he play?

I am hoping the new leadership is moving away from players that strike out a ton and rarely walk. No need to spend any money to improve the team by a few wins unless you think you could deal him, but if there is a market for him he will likely be dealt for the Rays.

1 minute ago, jubbyjubb said:

I am hoping the new leadership is moving away from players that strike out a ton and rarely walk. No need to spend any money to improve the team by a few wins unless you think you could deal him, but if there is a market for him he will likely be dealt for the Rays.

I agree, but for our purposes, we should be looking at low-risk moves that can help us stockpile prospects. This would be such a move. Long-term, for sure, we should be looking at players that fit into the high-OBP mold.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

You can lose and still be bearable to watch. Mullins and Hays should be 1 of the 3 starting OFers next year. Sink or swim time.

It'll be Mullins in CF. I'm fine with delaying Hays' service clock an additional season.

Still room to move Davis to RF and speculate on Cron.

4 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

I agree, but for our purposes, we should be looking at low-risk moves that can help us stockpile prospects. This would be such a move. Long-term, for sure, we should be looking at players that fit into the high-OBP mold.

Houston stuck out very little last season. 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/sort/strikeouts/type/expanded/order/true

28 minutes ago, Brooks The Great said:

It'll be Mullins in CF. I'm fine with delaying Hays' service clock an additional season.

Still room to move Davis to RF and speculate on Cron.

Hays will be 24 in July. We will already control his prime years anyhow. I'm fine with an OF of Mancini, Mullins, and Hays. 

Archived