Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

19 hours ago, Frobby said:

Speaking for myself, I don’t look much at batting average.   Take Wynns for example.   .233 BA isn’t necessarily terrible for a backup C, but a .283 OBP/.256 SLG is definitely terrible.    That said, I was surprised to see Wynns sent down based on 47 plate appearances.    I thought they’d give him another month.   

It's not just the hitting. The guy was also really poor defensively. He had issues blocking balls in the dirt, couldn't throw out runners, etc.. The only positive thing about Wynns was that he had a really good rapport with Bundy behind the plate. I don't think a roster spot should be wasted on a personal catcher for a bottom of the rotation starter but that might just be me.

13 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

It's not just the hitting. The guy was also really poor defensively. He had issues blocking balls in the dirt, couldn't throw out runners, etc.. The only positive thing about Wynns was that he had a really good rapport with Bundy behind the plate. I don't think a roster spot should be wasted on a personal catcher for a bottom of the rotation starter but that might just be me.

In 6 starts last year with Sisco behind the plate, Bundy threw to a 2.36 ERA.   I think he’ll survive without Wynns.   

• Upvote 3

On 6/3/2019 at 3:31 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'm just curious what this site wants as an acceptable batting average. Seems like if anyone is hitting under .300, they need to be DFA'ed or sent down.

I don't think a majority of the posters think that way.

Also this team is not trying to win, fans need to accept there are going to be players that should be in the minor leagues getting significant playing time this year.

I'm just curious what this site wants as an acceptable batting average. Seems like if anyone is hitting under .300, they need to be DFA'ed or sent down.

I don't look at batting average except in passing.  I'm more worried about wOBA.

I mean if a guy can hit for power and get on base, do we really care how many singles he hits?  If a guy hits a ton of singles but has no power and doesn't walk should we be impressed with his 320 BA?

I didn't realize "this site" was supposed to have a collective opinion or that in this age there was such a thing as an "acceptable batting average."

53 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't look at batting average except in passing.  I'm more worried about wOBA.

I mean if a guy can hit for power and get on base, do we really care how many singles he hits?  If a guy hits a ton of singles but has no power and doesn't walk should we be impressed with his 320 BA?

You... shall never be invited to the Hanser Alberto Fanclub meetings.  

17 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Hey, don't knock Hanser Alberto.  

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2019 at 4:57 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Well, as of this season.  Yes!

On 2/27/2019 at 11:09 PM, Sydnor said:

If I am having a hard time with some of these threads. I see people saying that Sisco can’t catch and can’t hit and Mullins is a platoon player. We all know what the numbers say, but if there’s one advantage to being terrible, it’s that we have the opportunity to see if Sisco and Mullins can prove otherwise. Sisco has a legitimate pedigree as a former top 100 prospect and while Tony has explained why the odds may now be stacked against him, perhaps player development under Elias and Sig will result in improved performance. If it doesn’t result in improved performance, that’s okay too because the difference between losing 95 and 105 games is inconsequential and we’ll have a better understanding of what Sisco and Mullins are (or are not) as players.

But Broxton is better than Mullins was supposed to be...