Anyone Following Manny? (Signs with San Diego)

Bahama O's Fan

5 hours ago, Rich Mac said:

Exactly. 

The Phillies' owner promised to throw around Stupid Money this offseason to bring in the best team possible. Lots of speculation about Machado AND Harper. Not that it's likely, but that's the kind of money that they have to spend in the land of Brotherly Love.

They talked about that on MLB network. They were saying you don't say that, then get outbid on your #1 (Corbin) and your #2 (Happ) SP targets. 

They have the money to outbid the Yankees for Machado. If they meant what they said, they will.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

They talked about that on MLB network. They were saying you don't say that, then get outbid on your #1 (Corbin) and your #2 (Happ) SP targets. 

They have the money to outbid the Yankees for Machado. If they meant what they said, they will.

Manny is far more impactful than Corbin and Happ.   You’re talking about a superstar entering his prime.   

The Orioles have decided to make a clean break with their past.  At least their past way of doing things...

Fine, no more Manny, no more Markakis, no more AJ, no more wallowing in a past that should be given whatever dignity that's warranted without pushing it to everyone's regret.

I look forward to emphatically turning the page with sincere best wishes for all former Orioles to do exceedingly well in the future.  

Elsewhere.

8 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Mannys people leak "Manny doesn't want to play in Philly".

What that means? Pay me enough and I will learn to love it.

I'd take cheesesteaks over crabcakes EVERY day! What does NY even have? Nathan's hot dogs?

pats-philly-cheesesteak-sandwhich-shop-i

6 hours ago, 24fps said:

The Orioles have decided to make a clean break with their past.  At least their past way of doing things...

Fine, no more Manny, no more Markakis, no more AJ, no more wallowing in a past that should be given whatever dignity that's warranted without pushing it to everyone's regret.

I look forward to emphatically turning the page with sincere best wishes for all former Orioles to do exceedingly well in the future.  

Elsewhere.

PA stuck us with Chris Davis... other than that it's a clean break. A New Day

35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Word is they are only in on Harper for half the length he is requesting.

I don't think they are interested in signing a guy for 10 years.

My guess is he'll get the 10 year deal so he can claim the highest contract, but there will be at least one opt-out a few years into the deal.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:35 PM, Morgan423 said:

Having the Braves as your second team must be interesting nowadays.  They're pretty much the Southern Orioles at this point.

It has been fun watching and following the Braves.  Young team with a lot of talent.  The rebuild hasn't taken too long honestly.  And truthfully, it is much less disheartening to compete in the NL East than the AL East.  No Yankees or Red Sox to deal with....

Archived