Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

9 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Season isn't over yet. I bet Kemp and Markakis had strings of months close to that.

Davis has been on a horrible slump since May 18th of last season.  On May 18th of last year his lines was 

267 .384 .527

And it basically went down the rest of the season.  I am not sure how long you can say a player is bad before it is not a slump and that is just how the player is.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Davis has been on a horrible slump since May 18th of last season.  On May 18th of last year his lines was 

267 .384 .527

And it basically went down the rest of the season.  I am not sure how long you can say a player is bad before it is not a slump and that is just how the player is.  

I dont expect Davis is in the teams plans for 1B next year. Maybe as a part time 1B/DH for a few months to see if he might have anything left. 

I hope we keep giving Davis at bats.   If he gets 500+ plate appearances and hits in the .150s and OPS in the .500s, I think that just might be the impetus, especially with a new GM, to eat the contract.

Of course if he bounces back and plays "better", that could backfire.

But anyone interviewing for a job where they will be held accountable for the Orioles' results is going to want Davis gone.   You don't want to take a new job with an anchor tied to you.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Looking at the lineup on the scoreboard tonight, I realized that Manny Machado’s batting average was literally twice as high as Chris Davis’.    .314 to .157.    

What was the crowd response to him striking out and GIDPing tonight? 

I'm wondering if the OPACY crowd has been booing him like crazy lately. I haven't heard either way.

5 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

What was the crowd response to him striking out and GIDPing tonight? 

I'm wondering if the OPACY crowd has been booing him like crazy lately. I haven't heard either way.

He was booed relentlessly last night. It really makes me sick. I guess fans can blame him for the results on the field, but boos should be for the opponent, not our own team. Earlier in the day Chris and his wife helped sponsor the Casey Cares walk, and a few hours later he’s booed off the field? It’s disgusting behavior from the home fans and I would like to think we’re above that! 

• Upvote 3

On 7/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, SteveA said:

I hope we keep giving Davis at bats.   If he gets 500+ plate appearances and hits in the .150s and OPS in the .500s, I think that just might be the impetus, especially with a new GM, to eat the contract.

Of course if he bounces back and plays "better", that could backfire.

But anyone interviewing for a job where they will be held accountable for the Orioles' results is going to want Davis gone.   You don't want to take a new job with an anchor tied to you.

I agree with this. But I’m not gonna lie. When I read it....I chuckled.  

35 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

He was booed relentlessly last night. It really makes me sick. I guess fans can blame him for the results on the field, but boos should be for the opponent, not our own team. Earlier in the day Chris and his wife helped sponsor the Casey Cares walk, and a few hours later he’s booed off the field? It’s disgusting behavior from the home fans and I would like to think we’re above that! 

I'm fine with it. He was paid 161 million dollars to help the team, and he's actively hurting it.

6 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

I'm fine with it. He was paid 161 million dollars to help the team, and he's actively hurting it.

And you feel he’s doing this on purpose? 

I guess we’ll agree to disagree. The whole team stinks with a few exceptions. I guess you should boo them all. 

44 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

It's extremely hard to feel bad for someone who's going to make $160 million while being awful at his job. Most people in the stands thanklessly work themselves to the bone for 50K and so they resent watching CD aimlessly flail pitches nowhere near the zone. Add in the fact that there are serious concerns about his effort and it's clear he's not a completely altruistic character. The fans have every right to boo. Frankly, they should. It's ridiculous he's still getting regular playing time this late in the season. He's the worst player in baseball (maybe in history). 

Edited by LTO's

2 minutes ago, LTO's said:

It's extremely hard to feel bad for someone who's going to make $160 million while being awful at his job. Most people in the stands thanklessly work themselves to the bone for 50K and so they resent watching CD aimlessly flail pitches nowhere near the zone. Add in the fact that there are serious concerns about his effort and it's clear he's not a completely altruistic character. The fans have every right to boo. Frankly, they should. It's ridiculous he's still getting regular playing time this late in the season. He's the worst player in baseball (maybe in history). 

Then boo the manager who keeps putting him in the lineup.

56 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

That's sad.