Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I don't know what you do for a living, but I think the chances are slim that their jobs aren't broadcast on TV/radio for millions to see, have a few thousand people to come out and see them perform their jobs and are subject to being booed, having articles written about how terrible they are at their job, etc.  

I'm assuming you're in law enforcement or something similar, however I think we can agree that there are different kinds of stress.  Just because Davis plays a game for a living doesn't mean that there's not stress attached to it.  

Yes,  different individuals certainly respond differently to their life situations and certainly some do become much more stressed than others.   Some people can actually enjoy the limelight that comes with cheering, adoring fans, signing autographs like a hero, the economic security, getting attention at things like FanFests etc but some people certainly can also view that same life as being a negative and stressful experience and see their life in baseball as only filled with booing fans and critics on boards like this...lol.  I do not know Chris in any way,  so I don’t know where he is along this spectrum, but if Chris is stressed or depressed in any way, I hope he gets help and feels better and his performance improves. 

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think you're seeing what you want to see.

Nope.  Read Astroball and how JD Martinez spent his own money to pay the top hitting coaches to help him improve his swing in the offseason.  That is what Davis should have done this off season.  I dont really care if he improves or not.  But I dont like him lying or blaming Palmer for his issues.  

I have gotten to the point where I think it is funny how bad he is. The team has made no moves to improve during the off season.   Davis will fit right in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Nope.  Read Astroball and how JD Martinez spent his own money to pay the top hitting coaches to help him improve his swing in the offseason.  That is what Davis should have done this off season.  I dont really care if he improves or not.  But I dont like him lying or blaming Palmer for his issues.  

I have gotten to the point where I think it is funny how bad he is. The team has made no moves to improve during the off season.   Davis will fit right in.

We don't know what Davis did this offseason.  We'd like to think we know, but we don't. 

You don't care if he improves or not?  I find that hard to believe.  

This team made no moves to improve during the offseason?  Hiring Elias, hiring Sig?  

2 minutes ago, atomic said:

You tell people to read Astroball, then you say things like this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Yes,  different individuals certainly respond differently to their life situations and certainly some do become much more stressed than others.   Some people can actually enjoy the limelight that comes with cheering, adoring fans, signing autographs like a hero, the economic security, getting attention at things like FanFests etc but some people certainly can also view that same life as being a negative and stressful experience and see their life in baseball as only filled with booing fans and critics on boards like this...lol.  I do not know Chris in any way,  so I don’t know where he is along this spectrum, but if Chris is stressed or depressed in any way, I hope he gets help and feels better and his performance improves. 

If he is depressed he can get time off to work on his issues while getting paid millions.  To think he is under more stress than the average person is out of touch with reality. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

We don't know what Davis did this offseason.  We'd like to think we know, but we don't. 

You don't care if he improves or not?  I find that hard to believe.  

This team made no moves to improve during the offseason?  Hiring Elias, hiring Sig?  

Elias hasn't done anything to improve the team.  Why do you think I care whether Davis improves?  I never enjoyed him striking out all the time even in his prime.  I always said that WAR overrated him.

If he said he has 3 young children and he spent his time with them during the offseason and didnt have time to work on baseball, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  

I would care if the team were trying to get better but management says they dont care about wins and losses and it is clear that is the truth.  If the team is going to be a joke this season what do I care if Davis hits .140?   

What makes me mad is his saying Palmer caused his teammates to turn against him.  No his lying caused his teammates to turn against him.

5 hours ago, tntoriole said:

Healthy confidence is one thing.  Denial of any need to change is another thing.  

He seems to be beyond that, based on everything he’s said this offseason.   But you’d want him believing that the talent and ability is still there if he’s open to change and working hard to fix what’s broken.   Otherwise he’d lack the motivation to try to get better.   

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

He seems to be beyond that, based on everything he’s said this offseason.   But you’d want him believing that the talent and ability is still there if he’s open to change and working hard to fix what’s broken.   Otherwise he’d lack the motivation to try to get better.   

Of course other factors might be affecting his motivation. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even on his worse day, Davis is better than any poster in OH at hitting the baseball.

Its easy for us to poke at him, it sucks to see him do bad, but he gets to play a game at the major league level, that most of us could only dream about.

I think that is a low bar. Chris Davis is not a major league hitter, let alone one worth 22 million per year. 

• Upvote 1