Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

It has to be terrible mentally to be that bad at your job (relative to your peers) on a national stage.  And he keeps getting worse.  Schoop and Mancini are awful in just normal terms.  Davis is infinitely worse than both of them. 

About Adderall

They view the medications as brain steroids and the analogy is to performance enhancing drugs in sports," Dr. Donald Misch of the University Of Colorado Student Health Center said.

That's turning out to be more than just an analogy, other side effects of Adderall include increased stamina and alertness.

There have been several reports of the drug being used to give athletes an edge, improving their concentration and reaction time.

probably explains the slow reaction to the fastball, not withstanding the concentration issues.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m okay with riding out the season with Davis. If I was concerned as the Orioles claim to be I would have found a way to put him on the DL. He’s nearly an automatic out

You'd think they could find some reason to DL him...

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is anybody else really bored with this topic?    It’s just repeating the same five points over and over again.   

I'm bored with the subject and I'm bored with Davis in the lineup.   So...I guess I'm doubly bored!  :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is anybody else really bored with this topic?    It’s just repeating the same five points over and over again.   

I am part bored with it, but for some reason I continue to find it fascinating that Davis can be this bad.  And getting worse.  It defies logic.  He is 32 years old, not 52.  There is natural decline and there is falling off a cliff.  I don't recall seeing a major league hitter and thinking that he had 0% of doing something productive.  I mean, Brandon Fahey inspired more confidence and he couldn't have weighed more than 75 pounds.

If I'm Buck, I'm playing him every day, I'm moving him to RF or LF and occasionally playing him at 3B, and finally I'm batting him 9th. I'm basically doing everything I can to get him to get so frustrated and embarrassed that he considers retiring.

The man is just stealing money at this point. With this season being a loss, the hope is the Orioles end up with the worse record in baseball so they can get the 2nd overall pick next year (thanks to the stupid MLB rule of switching the AL/NL each year wit the top pick, the Orioles can't even epically suck at the right time) so they might as well keep playing Davis every single day.

My concern really isn't this season, but what do they do with him in the future? I guess if next year is going to be a rebuilding year they might as well play him again. At least if they are the worse team in baseball next year they'll get the first overall pick in the 2020 draft.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

If I'm Buck, I'm playing him every day, I'm moving him to RF or LF and occasionally playing him at 3B, and finally I'm batting him 9th. I'm basically doing everything I can to get him to get so frustrated and embarrassed that he considers retiring.

The man is just stealing money at this point. With this season being a loss, the hope is the Orioles end up with the worse record in baseball so they can get the 2nd overall pick next year (thanks to the stupid MLB rule of switching the AL/NL each year wit the top pick, the Orioles can't even epically suck at the right time) so they might as well keep playing Davis every single day.

My concern really isn't this season, but what do they do with him in the future? I guess if next year is going to be a rebuilding year they might as well play him again. At least if they are the worse team in baseball next year they'll get the first overall pick in the 2020 draft.

Now that is gamesmanship.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Unless this is a brand new rule, that's not how it works. 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Isn't that no longer a thing?