Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

Just now, atomic said:

The second game where he had a double and 2 strike outs.  He hasn't had 2 hits in a game since May 11th.  Compare that to Adam Jones who has had 9 multi hit games in June alone. 

Not fair to compare to Jones, who according to MASN the other night, was hitting something like .438 in the past month and leading all AL hitters.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Not fair to compare to Jones, who according to MASN the other night, was hitting something like .438 in the past month and leading all AL hitters.

Mancini had 4 multi-hit games in June.  Davis hasn't had one since May 11th.

Did you like that better.

I hope they play him every day of this stupid deal.  Can't afford six- or low seven-figure deals on hot international talent but can afford an endless supply of aging bums at premium rates.  I hate this idiot franchise of idiots.  Nobody wastes resources like we do.  People think the government is slow, wasteful, and inefficient, but the Orioles wrote the book on that.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

1 for 4, was that the night, 1 for 4, was a HR, and a crucial SF that scored a run late in the game?

Considering, how bad, he was (wasn't) hitting, I will take that every game.

I think most would, but even you don’t seriously consider that as a real possibility,  do you?

12 hours ago, SteveA said:

He has now struck out in 26 consecutive games, 11 short of Aaron Judge's major league record.   May 12 was the last time he played a game and didn't strike out.

It won't be long before Buck start pinch hitting Chris Davis for single AB to prevent this embarrassing record from being broken. ?️

1 minute ago, webbrick2010 said:

You know actually especially for you younger fans it will be fun in 10 years to tell people you saw the worst player in the history of MLB

Bad history is still historical and worth bragging about some day.

Should just rename it the Davis Line.  Mario Mendoza, you're free to go.

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Should just rename it the Davis Line.  Mario Mendoza, you're free to go.

Sure, if they’re dropping the line from .200 to .150. “Chris Davis outperformed the mark he was named for this year by hitting (or, the lack there of) a whopping .153.”

53 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Davis can afford a nanny 24/7, no reason for him to be up in the middle of the night for feedings or changing diapers.

So you are saying if you could afford a nanny you wouldn't get up in the middle of the night to help with your kids? 

Archived