Olson

Pushmonkey

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta be patient with him.... though I agree it's frustrating.

I'm tired of watching our minor league talent come up here terrified to throw strikes. I think Olson would benefit from learning to throw a cutter or a different type of fastball. He has no confidence in his fastball, probably because it's 88-91 and relatively straight.

I don't think Olson should be sent down, but I am beginning to wonder if he will be even a #5-type starter. He needs to stop nibbling and get guys to put the ball in play earlier in the count.

And Hernandez is horrible behind the plate with him...Palmer mentioned that he kept going to the corners when it was obvious that Olson had no command.

I honestly don't know what to think of him right now. I'd say that right now he's a huge disappointment.

Give us a reason why. He can't throw strikes and seems to have lost his confidence.

He has nothing else to prove at AAA, he completely dominated down there.

It takes pitchers time to adjust at the big league level, give him some more time.

Sending down Olson would be stupid. We need to find out if we can count on him in the rotation next season. We can't find that out with him in Norfolk.

Performances this season are largely irrelevant. Unless he's getting knocked out in the 2nd or 3rd and is just utterly completely overmatched every time out (which is not the case, and anyone saying it is the case is wrong) without showing any promising signs, he needs to stay in Baltimore.

The only reason you'd send him back to Norfolk is if you think he's pitching so poorly that it will affect him adversely in his development to continue to pitch at the MLB level. Garrett's got a real good head on his shoulders, so I can't imagine him pitching so poorly as for that to be the case, therefore, he stays in the rotation for the remainder of the season.

Sending down Olson would be stupid. We need to find out if we can count on him in the rotation next season. We can't find that out with him in Norfolk.

Performances this season are largely irrelevant. Unless he's getting knocked out in the 2nd or 3rd and is just utterly completely overmatched every time out (which is not the case, and anyone saying it is the case is wrong) without showing any promising signs, he needs to stay in Baltimore.

The only reason you'd send him back to Norfolk is if you think he's pitching so poorly that it will affect him adversely in his development to continue to pitch at the MLB level. Garrett's got a real good head on his shoulders, so I can't imagine him pitching so poorly as for that to be the case, therefore, he stays in the rotation for the remainder of the season.

^^^^^

He gets it.

I dont know if I can sit thru his "growth" all season. I might have to make a point NOT to watch his starts. I wanted to throw the remote more than once and was cursing a blue stream.

Archived