Maryland vs. Iowa

Oriole4Life

6 minutes ago, Hallas said:

The reach in on Cowan was questionable.   The 3 point shooting foul was questionable.

You mean the last three-point foul? Nah, Cowan was off his feet and at that point you can jump into the defender to get the call. The good news is that Bohannan tried it again for the winner but wasn't close enough to draw the foul.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

You mean the last three-point foul? Nah, Cowan was off his feet and at that point you can jump into the defender to get the call. The good news is that Bohannan tried it again for the winner but wasn't close enough to draw the foul.

I thought the foul on Cowan the play he tried to get the steal was weak. Going for ball, not like he ran over offensive player. 3 point shot I thought was clear foul. 

Big win. Hope they finish this out strong. 

The turnovers were troubling (a common theme this year) but the defense was excellent. I thought the rebounding was good for the most part. I didn't mind that final possession, Cowan got a drive and good look, Bruno just happened to be there to clean up as he should be. Cowan had a great game, some nice passes and big threes. Morsell also came with some energy and transition offense.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I thought the foul on Cowan the play he tried to get the steal was weak. Going for ball, not like he ran over offensive player. 3 point shot I thought was clear foul. 

Big win. Hope they finish this out strong. 

You're probably right that it was a foul, thinking back.  I don't really like James Harden fouls though.  The offensive player shouldn't get a free foul for initiating contact outside his cylinder.

The other egregious one (in my opinion) was the out of bounds call that wasn't overturned on replay even though there appeared to be clear evidence that the ball was deflected by Iowa and hit the ground out of bounds.

Archived