LJ Hoes back in the lineup today!

Big Mac

Hoes went 2-4 in the 1st game of a doubleheader today for the GCL O's. I believe this was his first game in a few days. I think he was a little dinged up.

Avery also went 2-4 with 2 2B, but he also K'd twice. He is now hitting .343 over his last 10 games.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hoes went 2-4 in the 1st game of a doubleheader today for the GCL O's. I believe this was his first game in a few days. I think he was a little dinged up.

Avery also went 2-4 with 2 2B, but he also K'd twice. He is now hitting .343 over his last 10 games.

Ughhh it takes forever for them to load those Box scores on the GCL games!!

Ughhh it takes forever for them to load those Box scores on the GCL games!!

Yeah, no kidding.

Nice to see Avery starting to rack up some hits. I know stats don't mean a whole lot in the GCL, but it makes you feel a little better all the same. Now let's start cutting down some on those Ks.

What is the reason for the move to the infield? I saw him play at Calvert Hall this year and he plays a very good outfield because of his great athleticism.

The O's have great depth at 2nd they wanted to add another to the mix;).

What is the reason for the move to the infield? I saw him play at Calvert Hall this year and he plays a very good outfield because of his great athleticism.

I don't think that the Organization though his bat wouldn't be good enough in the OF.

7/27

In a doubleheader today, Hoes went 3-6 with a BB, 2B, 3B and 2 RBI.

Hoes is hitting .529 in his last 10 games with 2 doubles and 3 triples.

His season line is now .333/.449/.444 (.893 OPS).

He walked 17 times this season and struckout only 9. I think it would be very beneficial for his development if he spent the last month in Bluefield.

It would be great if he could start off at Delmarva next season.

I don't think that the Organization though his bat wouldn't be good enough in the OF.

My understanding is he played for the O's showcase team for Dean Albany and he thought the kid was very athletic and could help fill our huge void at one of the two middle infield positions. There's little difference in the offensive expectations between CF and 2B. Both are generally viewed as defensive positions, anyway.

That is just flat out wrong. He projects very well offensively as an outfielder. The Orioles thought he was athletic enough to play 2B as well. As we all know, the organization has very little depth at the middle infield positions and thought Hoes could more than handle 2B defensively.

Archived