3/30 ........ BEAT THE YANKEES !!!

OFFNY

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd want my best option to get the win here.

Lock it down worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

A team with a 4 run lead in the 9th has something like a 98.7% chance to win the game.   Maybe Givens bumps it to 99.1% and a lesser reliever knocks it down to 98.1%.

So using the guy who is ostensibly your best reliever to increase the chances of winning by 1%, but making him unavailable tomorrow in a game in which several other relievers are unavailable... does not seem wise to me.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SteveA said:

A team with a 4 run lead in the 9th has something like a 98.7% chance to win the game.   Maybe Givens bumps it to 99.1% and a lesser reliever knocks it down to 98.1%.

So using the guy who is ostensibly your best reliever to increase the chances of winning by 1%, but making him unavailable tomorrow in a game in which several other relievers are unavailable... does not seem wise to me.

A lefty vs that lineup though. 

Just now, SteveA said:

I agree with your math.

I'd still run Givens back out.

After they get one in the win column I'd play it your way.

Archived