New hot dog vendor at Camden Yards.

Going Underground

7 hours ago, InsideCoroner said:

To steer away from the uncivility, and because I'm genuinely curious, do you or any others here know what vegetarian options there are on offer, aside from the obvious ones like nachos, fries, etc.? I usually bring my own food, or wind up with the pizza (which is, without fail, consistently unimpressive). But there have been times when I would have loved to have a veggie burger or veggie dog option. Sometimes I can't bring my own food and just don't feel like spending two innings walking the stadium to try and scout for one.

I’ll ask my wife, but I can say for sure there are veggie burger or veggie hot dog options on the concourse between 1B and RF.

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

Did they stop selling water at Camden Yards?  Because, from what I’ve read on here, there are no healthy alternatives to soda.  And is it also true that people are required to buy food at the stadium?

Obviously your question is tongue in cheek, but (1) yes they sell water throughout the stadium, and (2) you also can bring your own, which is what I do.    Mostly to keep myself from drinking too much beer.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’ll ask my wife, but I can say for sure there are veggie burger or veggie hot dog options on the concourse between 1B and RF.

See my post last page sort of in the middle. Has most of the vegan options and areas from last year.

Burgers & Basics

Veggie Burger

105, 109, 304, 308

Veggie Dog

103, 111, 113, 305

• Upvote 1

Just now, Going Underground said:

See my post last page sort of in the middle. Has most of the vegan options and areas from last year.

Burgers & Basics

Veggie Burger

105, 109, 304, 308

Veggie Dog

103, 111, 113, 305

But this doesn’t seem to include ground level, which doesn’t start with a “1.”     And I know they sell these on ground level.    

It'd be awesome if the O's just made Eutaw Street one big lazy river. And there would be floats in the lazy river with hot dogs on them and you could just like float on over and grab yourself a dog.

Maybe the lazy river would be filled with beer and you could just like bring a big ole straw too and sip on what you're floating in.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Obviously your question is tongue in cheek, but (1) yes they sell water throughout the stadium, and (2) you also can bring your own, which is what I do.    Mostly to keep myself from drinking too much beer.   

Several years ago I was on the club level and I went to get a beer at the bar.  After getting a beer and a drink for my wife., I asked for some water for my daughter and she told me they weren't allowed to give me water and I said then can I buy some and she said I had to go somewhere else for water. I said you have water and you have cups why can't you give me water.  She said the cups weren't for water.  Of course, I didn't tip her and as I was leaving she said something smart to someone at the bar about me.  

So water isn't as easy to get as you would think.  And there should be water fountains all around the stadium.  Really that should be required by law. 

57 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But this doesn’t seem to include ground level, which doesn’t start with a “1.”     And I know they sell these on ground level.    

Yeah I dont know where those "1's" would be.  Lower deck is < 100, club level is 200s, upper deck is 300s.  

On 12/12/2019 at 11:26 AM, atomic said:

Yeah that is the main issue. If you drink soda you are going to think sweet food tastes good and you will gravitate towards it.  I don't find soda tastes good at all. If you focus on sweet foods by the time you get to my age you won't even be able to even run a mile and will start having health issues.  

Really have worked in health care field most of my life and I can tell you diabetes is a terrible disease.  Heart disease, kidney failure, loss of limbs.  And it is affecting more and more people. 25 percent of Marylander's who are 65 have diabetes.  14 percent in the 45 to 65 age group. 

I am not trying to change peoples eating habits but the parents I am around prefer healthy beverages and snacks.  It would be nice if we had as many healthy options as unhealthy options.  

I read that 25% number and had my doubts.  Then I got on the google machine, and that is in line with the national average.  Quite scary.  The information I read stated that 12M people 65 and over have it.  48M people 65 and over seemed low too.  But the census count in 2010 was around 40M.  I would have thought that cohort would have a larger population share.

The good news for me is that I have a low risk according to the online quiz.  So, ha, no doctor’s visit for me.

I read that 25% number and had my doubts.  Then I got on the google machine, and that is in line with the national average.  Quite scary.  The information I read stated that 12M people 65 and over have it.  48M people 65 and over seemed low too.  But the census count in 2010 was around 40M.  I would have thought that cohort would have a larger population share.

The good news for me is that I have a low risk according to the online quiz.  So, ha, no doctor’s visit for me.

Yeah we are in line with then national average. Some states like Vermont and Colorado have significantly lower numbers.   

You should go to doctor yearly.   If they catch you when you are pre-diabetic you can make lifestyle changes and perhaps avoid becoming diabetic. 

Atomic always paints the worse picture, than what it is. Many thousands live a perfectly fine life with diabetics. Its called watching what you eat, and monitoring your blood sugar, as well as taking the proper doctor prescribed medicine.

I lost a friend to diabetics, but it was entirely his own fault, at the age of 40, he gave up the will, and stopped taking his meds, and allowed his blood sugar to get to the 800 range, after a few months of this, his heart gave out on him.

Do people lose limbs, yes, sadly, but not just to diabetics, there are other health factors that come into play too.

My mother is a diabetic and has some issues with her kidneys, but according to the doctor, its a phosphorus issue, and it happens in none diabetic patients too.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Atomic always paints the worse picture, than what it is. Many thousands live a perfectly fine life with diabetics. Its called watching what you eat, and monitoring your blood sugar, as well as taking the proper doctor prescribed medicine.

I lost a friend to diabetics, but it was entirely his own fault, at the age of 40, he gave up the will, and stopped taking his meds, and allowed his blood sugar to get to the 800 range, after a few months of this, his heart gave out on him.

Do people lose limbs, yes, sadly, but not just to diabetics, there are other health factors that come into play too.

My mother is a diabetic and has some issues with her kidneys, but according to the doctor, its a phosphorus issue, and it happens in none diabetic patients too.

LOL. I once worked for a health care company who hired nurses to regularly  contact patients with diabetes to keep them on track with their medicine, exercise, diet.  We literally paid them cash just to take the nurses call.  I well know what the outcomes of diabetics are.  They are by far the most costly people to health care plans.   

But yeah use the couple of people you know as being an expert on the subject.  

• Downvote 1

Random responses.

1. Water is a profit center now. We'll never go back to water fountains again. They're costly for the owner (stadium) or government (public) to maintain. It is a little crazy that even a bar wouldn't give you a water though. 

2. Yeah, diabetes has massive co-morbidities associated with it. Of course, diabetes itself is very often associated with an unhealthy lifestyle, so they're typically a more expensive population.

I think there are a couple of accounts that are people's second accounts that are being used to downvote me.  TWPJ and MGH5208 who have been downvoting me in several threads seem fake.  If you are a member and are using secodary accounts to downvote people both your primary and secondary account should be banned.

• Downvote 1