Ryan Mountcastle 2019

RVAOsFan

4-6 in today's doubleheader with another HR. He's hitting .306 and OPSing .919 now. An interesting tidbit (and I know this is a worthless stat) is that Mountcastle is leading the international league in RBI with 17 in 17 games. He just turned 22. Kid can rake.

11 minutes ago, LTO's said:

4-6 in today's doubleheader with another HR. He's hitting .306 and OPSing .919 now. An interesting tidbit (and I know this is a worthless stat) is that Mountcastle is leading the international league in RBI with 17 in 17 games. He just turned 22. Kid can rake.

He’s really been on fire the last 8 games or so.   Just keep on raking and force your way up!

I noticed that Mountcastle is wearing no. 20 in Norfolk.    Uh, Mounty, that’s going to have to change when you get to Baltimore!

I have to admit I’m getting excited about this kid.    I just wish he could play another position well.   

• Upvote 1

I think it's important to get this guy some reps in LF and potentially 2B, although I'm not sure he's a good fit at second. 

It's going to be difficult for him to break in at 1B or DH with Mancini and Nunez being young productive players and under team control for awhile.  This is assuming Davis is DFA'd before 2020.  If Davis is still on the squad there will be even more of a log jam.