Rough start for Chance Sisco

ChuckS

1 hour ago, Ballmer Bruce said:

Any chance of him going to second base as Biggio did with Astros.  Sisco was high school shortstop.

He has slow foot speed which typically is consistent with slow feet. I'm not saying I wouldn't look at him at 3B or 2B, but he may not have the quickness you want at 2B.

40 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He has slow foot speed which typically is consistent with slow feet. I'm not saying I wouldn't look at him at 3B or 2B, but he may not have the quickness you want at 2B.

How does foot speed equate to sprint speed? Same thing, or does foot speed define what a player typically needs to do in the field as opposed to running down the line as fast as you can?

7 minutes ago, theocean said:

How does foot speed equate to sprint speed? Same thing, or does foot speed define what a player typically needs to do in the field as opposed to running down the line as fast as you can?

Spring speed is defined with statcast and is a great tool to determine how fast a guy can run at max speed. Foot speed is how quick can a player get moving from a dead stop. Soe guys are fast when on the move, but takes them awhile to get moving. Typically your best foot speed infielders will be your SS and 2B since they have to cover the most ground. 

Foot speed can also be synonymous with first step quickness.  

On 5/21/2019 at 2:52 PM, UpstateNYfan said:

Maybe, but it seems like a small sample size to make such a conclusion.

One player's stats are a small sample size.  An entire league's stats are an enormous sample size by this time of the year.  And offense is way up in the IL this year.  

Last year, the highest team OPS in the IL was Indianapolis, at .753.  This year, ten teams in the IL currently have a higher OPS than .753, and the league leading team is over .850.    If I had more time I could compute a league-wide OPS but my guess is that it's up about .100 this year. 

This definitely affects how we should be looking at Sisco, Stewart and Mountcastle--they are all having good seasons, but not as good as if they were putting up the same numbers at Norfolk last season.

• Upvote 1

The Brewers played Travis Shaw and Moose their i would think Sisco has atleast the foot speed of those two guys.   I keep thinking why not give him or Mountcastle some innings their and see what they can do.  It is not like we have much in prospects at 2nd except Branlon.