Rough start for Chance Sisco

ChuckS

Chance Sisco is now 1 for 18  on the season in Norfolk.  He was 0 for 5 tonight with 4 K's and got ejected after striking out in the eighth.  So much for laid back California guy.  

He looked so good in Spring Training too.  SSS but not a good start and he struggled in Norfolk last year after being decent there in 2017.  Gotta wonder if things are mental with him. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Chance Sisco is now 1 for 18  on the season in Norfolk.  He was 0 for 5 tonight with 4 K's and got ejected after striking out in the eighth.  So much for laid back California guy.  

He looked so good in Spring Training too.  SSS but not a good start and he struggled in Norfolk last year after being decent in 2017.  Gotta wonder if things are mental with him. 

He looked great yesterday, I watched all his ABs and he hit the ball better than anyone in the Tides lineup, just had 3 tough luck lineouts that could have just as easily been 3 doubles. Today though, he looked lost at the plate, it was rough. It seems mental, he just looks like he gets frustrated and takes ABs off at times. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Happens every year. Chris Parmalee, Trey Macini, and Nolan Reimold, are the only players I can think of that tore up AAA for us. 

Mancini?   I wouldn’t call .775 OPS tearing it up.   It’s respectable, nothing more.  

But yeah, tough place to hit.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Mancini?   I wouldn’t call .775 OPS tearing it up.   It’s respectable, nothing more.  

But yeah, tough place to hit home runs.

I agree it's an OPS-sucking ballpark, but Sisco striking out 4 times has nothing to do with the park. What is with this kid? He's a mystery to me. 

32 minutes ago, interloper said:

I agree it's an OPS-sucking ballpark, but Sisco striking out 4 times has nothing to do with the park. What is with this kid? He's a mystery to me. 

Well, that’s a bad day.   Before then he’d struck out 3 times in 15 PA, which is fine.    Too soon to worry about it, but worth keeping an eye on it.   

51 minutes ago, interloper said:

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, that’s a bad day.   Before then he’d struck out 3 times in 15 PA, which is fine.    Too soon to worry about it, but worth keeping an eye on it.   

I'm curious as to what got him ejected. I don't think I've ever seen him really show any emotion before, so that is a bit surprising.

5 hours ago, interloper said:

No mystery, he can't hit a curveball

ST with most pitchers working on FB control, he has a chance

In the majors where they will throw him nothing buy curve balls he doesn't have a chance.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:57 PM, ChuckS said:

He looked so good in Spring Training too.  SSS but not a good start and he struggled in Norfolk last year after being decent there in 2017.  Gotta wonder if things are mental with him. 

Wouldn’t 18 AB to start the season be even more of a small sample size than ST?

22 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I'd go with "no," only because Spring Training at bats, especially early ones, are against guys just throwing to throw. Regular season, they actually use their whole repertoire.

While this is a valid point, I think it’s still a bit odd to handwave ST as SSS them put a ton of stock in 18 AB

1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

While this is a valid point, I think it’s still a bit odd to handwave ST as SSS them put a ton of stock in 18 AB

I agree. But the overall picture isn't good. He was struggling in AAA 2 years ago, was awful last year, was starting to slump in the Spring when pitchers started throwing more than fastballs, and now this.