Rough start for Chance Sisco

ChuckS

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

I expect they will be very deliberate with him as they've been with our other top prospects.  No need to waste a year of team control on a 100 loss team. 

I think catchers are different they only have so many innings in those knees.  I think they will be a little more aggressive with him. I expect Delmarva and Fredrick this year then Bowie Norfolk next year and ready to take over in 2021 by then we should have a different rule on eligibility.

16 hours ago, orioles22 said:

I was hoping he (assuming we draft him) could spend some time in Frederick this summer and be ready for Bowie in April. The best player in college baseball ought to be ready for the Carolina League.

He might be.   Wieters didn’t play the season he was drafted, then went straight to the Carolina League the next year and dominated.   (He did play in the Hawaiian Winter League in the offseason.)

That said, last year’s top college position player, C Joey Bart, played short season A ball the year he was drafted.    So did the last college position player drafted no. 1 overall, Dansby Swanson.    So did Buster Posey.    

On the other hand, the highest college position player Elias drafted, Alex Bregman, went to low A for a month and was promoted to Hi A.

The fact that Rutschman needs to learn some of the nuances of pro catching might be a reason to limit him to short season ball.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He might be.   Wieters didn’t play the season he was drafted, then went straight to the Carolina League the next year and dominated.   (He did play in the Hawaiian Winter League in the offseason.)

That said, last year’s top college position player, C Joey Bart, played short season A ball the year he was drafted.    So did the last college position player drafted no. 1 overall, Dansby Swanson.    So did Buster Posey.    

On the other hand, the highest college position player Elias drafted, Alex Bregman, went to low A for a month and was promoted to Hi A.

The fact that Rutschman needs to learn some of the nuances of pro catching might be a reason to limit him to short season ball.   

Players are signed much earlier now. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

If he shows up at Delmarva, the rest of the league may revolt with us already at 41-11. Joking, of course - whatever is best for him. I just hope we draft him.