DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Base case scenario for Stewart involves average or slightly better defense and an OBP higher than 312.

I’m a Stewart fan, and think he will turn out to be a better player than Smith.   But so long as Smith is hitting better than expected, I don’t expect a change.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I’m a Stewart fan, and think he will turn out to be a better player than Smith.   But so long as Smith is hitting better than expected, I don’t expect a change.   

But you would agree that"best case scenario" Stewart provides superior defence and higher OBP correct?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

But you would agree that"best case scenario" Stewart provides superior defence and higher OBP correct?

Higher OBP, definitely.   Superior defense - probably, but I haven’t seen enough of him out there to really know what I think.   I do know that Smith is below average so it wouldn’t take much to be superior to him.  

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Higher OBP, definitely.   Superior defense - probably, but I haven’t seen enough of him out there to really know what I think.   I do know that Smith is below average so it wouldn’t take much to be superior to him.  

Best case scenario is that Stewart isn't a butcher.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Stewart is better than Smith and Smith is better than Nunez. Bye, bye Nunez if I had my way.

28 walks to 26 SO indicates to me that he's mastered that level of play, more so than his overall slash line.  I'd be working to find a way to get him up to the majors, he should get 250+ ABs this year up there this season to give us a better idea of what we have.  This is an "inventory" year after all. 

4 for 6 with a walk and a double tonight.  BA to .320, OPS to 1.023.   

I honestly don’t remember a month  this hot from any Orioles prospect ever.   We’ve seen some HR binges, but 1.400+ OPS for a month?    That’s crazy.  

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I honestly don’t remember a month  this hot from any Orioles prospect ever.   We’ve seen some HR binges, but 1.400+ OPS for a month?    That’s crazy.  

I was watching him hit the other day and he's just a really tough out right now. He'll be down 0-2, take 3 borderline pitches, foul off a couple strikes, and line a pitch to left center. 

On 7/18/2018 at 2:26 PM, Cy Bundy said:

Watching Muncy in the HR Derby I couldn’t help but find hope Stewart. One mechanical change and the talent gave him new life as he approaches 28 years old. I still have hope for 24 year old Stewart who is more athletic than Muncy. 

This guy gets it. 

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

And yet no promotion in a rebuilding year.

Couldn't even get the call for the double header.