It's Time - Mountcastle

weams

52 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't he take a throw to the chest?

44 minutes ago, Frobby said:

That reportedly happened in a spring training game.

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Still not a reassuring sight.

Unclear what happened.    Whatever occurred happened in a non-televised spring training game.    It was some kind of play where Yacabonis was throwing to Davis and appeared to catch him off-guard.    No error was charged on the play.     I can’t say it impacts my opinion of Davis’ defense so far this year.   To me, he’s looked considerably better than last year.  

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He shoulda had a career!  He was as good as Delmon Young, didn't have antisocial behavior, and Young got over 4000 PAs in the majors.

But his post baseball-playing career is more challenging and rewarding than spending time in the slammer so there is that .... ?

18 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Between the draft and the majors he must have misplaced three or four of his 80-grade tools.

I had to laugh, when I read that scouting report about Young, it was funny as heck, we discussing the 2003 Draft and Nick.

and this is a good chuckle:

7 logo_bal_small.gif NICHOLAS MARKAKIS YOUNG HARRIS COL OF L/L 6'1" 170 1983-11-17 JR  
COMMENT: Very athletic LHP with quick arm. Fastball, arm side run. Works in and out with ability to locate. Hard, down, power curveball other strikes pitch. Good arm speed on sinking changeup. Steady improvement. Quiet, all business on the mound with a streak of nasty in him. Can reach back. Doesn't like to lose.

2 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I had to laugh, when I read that scouting report about Young, it was funny as heck, we discussing the 2003 Draft and Nick.

and this is a good chuckle:

I another universe Nick Markakis is mentioned in the same breath as Adam Loewen and Chris Smith.  

Archived