vs. Yankees 5/15 (Game 2)

Moose Milligan

This game annoyed me.   We let German off the ropes when he was running on fumes and then Anderson throws a cripple slider on an 0-2 pitch to give the Yankees an insurance run.    Totally frustrating.  

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jtm said:

I know the old saying is don’t ever follow a legend, and that’s part of the problem.  The O’s have had a long lineage of great radio broadcasters.  Any change was gonna be tough to swallow.  I just feel like the format of a play by play and a color guy can work, they are just not doing themselves.  But maybe I’m just suffering from Joe Angel withdrawal.  What I would give to just hear a “and this one’s....in the loss column.”

True.  I like Kevin Brown a little bit.  Doesn't have the golden pipes that Angel or Miller have but that's rare.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

True.  I like Kevin Brown a little bit.  Doesn't have the golden pipes that Angel or Miller have but that's rare.  

I’m willing to give him time.  I know it must be tough for him.  Although I gotta say, I was a little off put when he gave the dimensions of Camden Yards in his first broadcast.  Chalked it up to nerves.  I don’t know that I have ever heard a home town broadcaster give the home fans the dimensions of their home ball park (haha.)

I'm not sure why this sweep has put me in a bad mood. I know this team is terrible. I know this team should lose to the Yankees, but it still doesn't stop sucking to be swept after being rained out two days in a row because the $700 billion Yankees Stadium can't drain properly.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well, depressing day of watching the Orioles get beat.  Oh well.  

I’m just treating this season as extended spring training.  Fun to check in now and again.  But all in all, the outcome doesn’t matter.  I am dealing with the losing much better that way this season!!

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure why this sweep has put me in a bad mood. I know this team is terrible. I know this team should lose to the Yankees, but it still doesn't stop sucking to be swept after being rained out two days in a row because the $700 billion Yankees Stadium can't drain properly.

Look on the bright side. Bill de Blowsio is running for president.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I am with you Tony.  However, I just can’t convince myself that this would have come out any differently had they not played the DH.  I have just come to the realization that there are like maybe 3 major leaguers on this roster from a position player perspective.  And that’s counting Chris Davis, who we are all excited is hitting better than .170.  I am just looking at most of these guys like I do while watching spring training.  When they make a good play I’m like, “hey nice one.”  When they botch one or strike out, I’m like, “well, what do you expect,  probably wont’ be here in a month anyway.”  

4 minutes ago, jtm said:

I’m just treating this season as extended spring training.  Fun to check in now and again.  But all in all, the outcome doesn’t matter.  I am dealing with the losing much better that way this season!!

Yeah, going into this season with proper expectations has been the way to go.

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

It kinda put me in a funk, too.  I guess because I was looking forward to it all day for some reason.  Should have known better.

34 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

When you 2 bench options in the 9th are Ritchie Martin and Austin Wynns as pinch hitters, that happens. Atleast Wynns made contact against Chapman.

36 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I believe Patrick(OFFNY) was at the doubleheader.

At least he had a nice day, weatherwise.

37 minutes ago, O's84 said:

That bastard.

He's no bastard. Cause I am and he's never at any of the meetings.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

o

Perhaps there is some residue from something that they pulled 8 years ago, right after Mike Flanagan's suicide ........

"The Yankees are upset that the Orioles didn't schedule a doubleheader today ??? Big deal."

Joe Angel, 2 days after Mike Flanagan's suicide in 2011

This is specifically what Joe Angel was responding to ........

During his meeting with local reporters on Sunday, Showalter invoked longtime Orioles pitcher, executive, and broadcaster Mike Flanagan, who committed suicide last week. "I felt that some of the stuff was a little disrespectful to Flanny, quite frankly," he said. "That didn't sit with me very well. I can tell you that."

Showalter Fires Back at Irked Yankees

(By Erik Boand)

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/yankees/showalter-fires-back-at-irked-yankees-1.3128015

o

Archived