O's 2020 MLB Draft Chat: Picking #2/30/39/74

I'm disgusted by this pick. You have the most money to spend, have a chance to get a guy like Martin, or even a top pitcher, and you get a guy that has questionable plate discipline, and doesn't fill a position of need. Elias tried to out think everyone and if signability was an issue there were still better picks. Why try to get the best available at 30 by missing out on any number of consensus picks that were rated higher? 

Nobody should like this pick. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

If they were going underslot, I was hoping for Gonzales.  

Oh well.

So do they pick 30 and 39 tonight?  Or do I have to wait for tomorrow night for additional dissappointment? 

30 tonight and 39 tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

Good lord, the overreaction theater here. You’d think we passed on a Harper or Strasburg level slam dunk. Spoilers: we didn’t. Everyone take a breath.

Don't you know that consensus draft order of online publications is the best predictor for major league success. You never see a guy drafted behind another guy ever become the better player. It never happens. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

I'm disgusted by this pick. You have the most money to spend, have a chance to get a guy like Martin, or even a top pitcher, and you get a guy that has questionable plate discipline, and doesn't fill a position of need. Elias tried to out think everyone and if signability was an issue there were still better picks. Why try to get the best available at 30 by missing out on any number of consensus picks that were rated higher? 

Nobody should like this pick. 

Except Kjerstad, he should be thrilled.

• Haha 3

The pick also makes a disillusioned fanbase even more upset. I wouldn't have this kind of reaction if we picked Lacy, Martin, or even Gonzalez. You could justify those picks if Martin had demanded too much money. We have the most money in the draft pool! I want the best players available, not a chance at "stealing" the 18th best prospect at 30. There is so much more value with the second rated pick. 

• Upvote 2