vs. YANKEES, 5/21

OFFNY

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

If we had cashed something in with the bases loaded in the 4th, this game could actually be quasi-interesting right now.

o

Not necessarily.

If we had cashed in with the bases loaded in the 4th inning, that would have changed the batting order in the 5th inning, and we subsequently may not have gotten the 3-run home run that we got from Wilkerson that we got. We may have scored the 3 runs that we did that inning, we may have scored 5 runs in that inning, or we may not have scored at all in that inning ........ the cause-and-effect principle.

o

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

The Orioles have given up 10 runs for the 3rd straight game, and Straily is pitching tomorrow. I wonder what the record for consecutive games giving up double-digit runs is.

o

You could argue that outside of Andrew Cashner and Shawn Armstrong, nobody on the Orioles has been "pitching" in these last 2 games ........ standing on the mound and throwing the ball towards home plate is not necessarily pitching.

o

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

Orioles give up 10 runs for third straight game and Straily is pitching tomorrow.  I wonder what the record for conssective games giving up double digits in runs.

Don’t know...but we co-own the record for most consecutive games with at least 5 given up...20 games in a row in 2017. 

6 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

You could argue that outside of Andrew Cashner and Shawn Armstrong, nobody on the Orioles has been "pitching" in these last 2 games ........ standing on the mound and throwing the ball towards home plate is not necessarily pitching.

o

I'm so surprised. I thought a guy with a quality arm like Lucas's would blow right through this lineup.  :rolleyes:

I’m mad at Hyde.

He is in charge of the guys he has playing on a day-to-day basis. Hess Is terrible. It would be understandable if he could be terrible and pitch six or seven innings, but he can’t. He’s just bad. Now, the guys in the minor leagues may also be bad. So effing what? Send Hess Down. Bring up somebody else, anybody else. Are you guys who say, “well nobody in the minors is any good either.” Are completely missing the point.

Brandon Hyde explains away the train wreck and does not one goddamn thing to address it.

“We work on fundamentals every day“

I think you should re-think your definition of fundamentals there, boy.

No penalties for sloppy play, no repercussions for bad performance, just platitudes.

God, how I wish I could care about the Twins or Mariners, but I just can’t.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’m mad at Hyde.

He is in charge of the guys he has playing on a day-to-day basis. Hess Is terrible. It would be understandable if he could be terrible and pitch six or seven innings, but he can’t. He’s just bad. Now, the guys in the minor leagues may also be bad. So effing what? Send Hess Down. Bring up somebody else, anybody else. Are you guys who say, “well nobody in the minors is any good either.” Are completely missing the point.

Brandon Hyde explains away the train wreck and does not one goddamn thing to address it.

“We work on fundamentals every day“

I think you should re-think your definition of fundamentals there, boy.

No penalties for sloppy play, no repercussions for bad performance, just platitudes.

God, how I wish I could care about the Twins or Mariners, but I just can’t.

I doubt Hyde has control of the roster.  If he did I am sure Mountcastle would be up.

Archived