Cashner Wants to Stay in Baltimore

TonySoprano

3 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

They might think he's Gandhi and Abe Lincoln rolled up into one, but that doesn't change the fact that he's 9-17, 5.09 with the O's and is making $9M playing on a last-place rebuilding team.

His changeup is nowhere as good as Lincoln's.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I am not sure what Cashner is going to do, but I can tell you what my wife would be telling me to do if it involved 5 million and me playing ball or not 5 million and hanging around the house all summer getting in her hair...

Is he even married?  With that hair?

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is he even married?  With that hair?

3 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Apparently not...well, there you go, that explains why he might just be willing to take the rest of the summer off....no chores, just party time. 

If he’s not married, then why is he saying he’d need to “sit down with my family and decide what’s best for me?”    Is he asking his parents?   His sister?     His long-time live-in girlfriend?

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If he’s not married, then why is he saying he’d need to “sit down with my family and decide what’s best for me?”    Is he asking his parents?   His sister?     His long-time live-in girlfriend?

If my parents, sister and long time girlfriend (if I had one) were queried....they too would have a pretty short unanimous answer....”Play Ball, try to get a ring. and take the money...are you nuts? “

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 9:55 AM, Frobby said:

True. Of course, Cashner has no contractual rights. If he were to refuse to report to a new team it would be viewed in a very different light than when Adam declined a trade. But the human aspects are the same.  

I think that Cashner is a pretty positive force in the clubhouse. We need to trade him if we can get something of future value, but it will be a shame to lose the guy, especially since he’s pitching well.  

On 5/24/2019 at 2:04 PM, Frobby said:

Cashner had a lousy year in 2018 (80 ERA+), but he’s been very good so far this year (108 ERA+.If you don’t see evidence that he’s a positive force in the clubhouse, then I’m guessing that you only read the box scores and don’t watch the games. Several other posters agreed with what I said based on what they see going on in the dugout on a nightly basis. That’s why I say it will be a shame to lose him. Not to mention, it’s already painful to watch our starting pitchers several nights a week, and having another hole in the rotation will make it that much more painful.   

None of what I’m saying is intended to argue against trading Cashner. I’m certainly hoping he’ll be traded for younger players of value.   

PS — 62-150, not 32-150.

o

I like you, Rick ........ when I saw this article, your posts in this thread were the first thing that came to my mind. 

This may not be empirical proof that Cashner is necessarily a positive force in the Orioles' clubhouse for the entire team, but at least 1 of the 25 players on the current roster feels that way.

Josh Rogers Leaned on Andrew Cashner Long-Distance

(By Roch Kubatko)

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/06/rogers-leaned-on-cashner-long-distance.html

o

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...