Mancini Trade Package

bird watcher

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It’s already troubling that they are on the team. Trading Mancini for future value doesn’t make it any less or more so. 

...it's troubling because they're on the team and could play a factor in trading Mancini.  Especially Davis.  Trumbo, not as much cause his contract is up at the end of the season.  

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

...it's troubling because they're on the team and could play a factor in trading Mancini.  Especially Davis.  Trumbo, not as much cause his contract is up at the end of the season.  

If those two play any factor in Mancini getting traded, then we picked the wrong GM.  I don’t see that being the case. 

Like you said, we are only in this situation for another half season or so. Trumbo will be gone and Davis could be too. He’s going to be DFA at some point. Could be in the off-season. Could be tomorrow. But it will happen. 

And this board will celebrate. 

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

If those two play any factor in Mancini getting traded, then we picked the wrong GM.  I don’t see that being the case. 

Like you said, we are only in this situation for another half season or so. Trumbo will be gone and Davis could be too. He’s going to be DFA at some point. Could be in the off-season. Could be tomorrow. But it will happen. 

And this board will celebrate. 

I don't think DFAing Davis is as easy as we all think it is.  I think we'd like to think that it's that easy.

But it hasn't been done yet.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I don't think DFAing Davis is as easy as we all think it is.  I think we'd like to think that it's that easy.

But it hasn't been done yet.  

It’s a sunk cost and he’s proving beyond repair. I’m not the most optimistic poster but I believe common sense will prevail.

There is also Mountcastle to consider. He will be up next season and need to play 1B. Once Davis really starts blocking people who need at bats a decision will have to be made. I think we may already be there with DJ and Nunez.  I can’t imagine carrying both Davis and Trumbo on the 25 man at the same time for very long. 

Something’s gotta give. 

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you're saying it's all related to roster management, essentially.

I’ll take my edit out of my other post.

I’m speculating that your perspective is that we would trade Mancini out of deference to those two and their contracts, who you feel don’t deserve roster spots. 

I see Mancini’s value in a vacuum. With or without Davis/Trumbo, I’d like to see Mancini traded.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

Ill take my edit out of my other post.

Im speculating that your perspective is that we would trade Mancini out of deference to those two and their contracts, who you feel don’t deserve roster spots. 

I see Mancinis value in a vacuum. With or without Davis/Trumbo, Id like to see Mancini traded.

o

So you're saying that it bothers him/them in general theory that a solid player such as Mancini may be traded, while lesser (and significantly higher-paid) players such as Davis and Trumbo will likely remain with the team ........ but the reality of the situation is that their fates in the near future of the team have little to do with each other.

That sounds mildly reminiscent of somebody complaining, "They can put a man on the moon, but they can't find a way to improve this rush-hour traffic that I'm always in !!!"

o