Trumbo begins rehab games tomorrow

Legend_Of_Joey

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Trumbo's aversion to getting pied was based on the potential for injury -- at least  that's what I thought, maybe because I see the risk of injury to eyes from surprise pies.

That, or he's a sourpuss.

I think he gets DFA'd when he comes back healthy.  Nunez has staked a claim to be on this team.  4 months of Trumbo playing out his contract shouldn't have any bearing on the long term development of this roster and the players on it.  Maybe Nunez isn't viewed as a long term piece here and that's fine.  But Nunez has way more to offer the future of this team than Trumbo does, even with all of his deficiencies.  

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think he gets DFA'd when he comes back healthy.  Nunez has staked a claim to be on this team.  4 months of Trumbo playing out his contract shouldn't have any bearing on the long term development of this roster and the players on it.  Maybe Nunez isn't viewed as a long term piece here and that's fine.  But Nunez has way more to offer the future of this team than Trumbo does, even with all of his deficiencies.  

But Trumbo might get hot and hit 15 home runs in a month, and the Orioles can then trade him for a prospect at the trade deadline. lol

22 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Trumbo's aversion to getting pied was based on the potential for injury -- at least  that's what I thought, maybe because I see the risk of injury to eyes from surprise pies.

Maybe he is allergic to ingredients in some of the pies Adam used. 

14 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I think Davis goes on the 60 day IL for his hip when Trumbo joins the team. Trumbo and Mancini split time at RF and 1B.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, mdbdotcom said:

I think Davis goes on the 60 day IL for his hip when Trumbo joins the team. Trumbo and Mancini split time at RF and 1B.

I will be shocked if Trumbo makes it back, and it would be even more surprising to see him in RF.  DH only....if at all?  But I do agree that CD goes 60 days.  We will see.

On 5/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, mdbdotcom said:

Davis seems to think he'll be back in 10 days, so that would be a bit of a shock. I think he probably doesn't make it back in 10, but his hip injury would have to really go south for a 60-day assignment. 

30 minutes ago, interloper said:

Davis seems to think he'll be back in 10 days, so that would be a bit of a shock. I think he probably doesn't make it back in 10, but his hip injury would have to really go south for a 60-day assignment. 

If the plan is for Ubaldo to fall down in the parking lot, you have to be sure Ubaldo knows that he fell down in the parking lot and doesn't tell the media he's fine.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

He wants to be back when the O's are in Texas. He could be surprised to find himself on a rehab assignment.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Trumbo played DH for Bowie on Tuesday night, going 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.   He sat out last night.   

He was at Oriole Park last night, in the dugout with the team.  They showed him on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived