O's vs Mariners, August 2

SteveA

Just thought I'd pop in to ask this all though it made have been mentioned, but does anyone hear the same thing that I do when Gary talks about Southwest Airlines and that "Fees don't fly with us" but instead hear "Please don't fly with us?" Every time he says it I swear I think that's what he's saying! :rofl::mwahaha:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
baserunning stupidity #3.

The Seattle announcers keep calling Trembley "Trombly." They did it last series, too.

Way to bring the run home, Huff-Daaaaady!

I fail to see how an umpire's completely blown call is base running stupidity. But okay. :clap3:

Announcers have been calling Trembley "Trombly" for a good portion of the season now. Really, I'm proud that Gary Thorne DOESN'T do it. That's more of a feat in itself. ;)

According to Go Felix of USSMariner: "Markakis was safe."

Sorry--Didn't know the play was close. Actually, the M's announcers gave no indication that it was. More evidence of how generally poor they are.

Will they fix it if it isn't broke? Its not broke, just retarded.

The ***** of it is, on top of it all, they are currently completely reworking the 95/10 interchange with those long sweeping curvy ramps that gently bend into the new road. So they probably could care less....but the lights have been retarded long before the construction.

If you need a better visual, you can google stockton st and I-10. Thanks again.

They probably won't fix a maladjusted signal anything like as quickly as they would fix a broken signal, but if you make enough noise they might get around to doing a study to determine whether they should change it. I'm really not familiar with the inner workings of highway departments. The most I'd know what to do about it would be mention they should fix it in your city's next master plan. Sorry.

Everyone remember the Detroit game 2 weeks ago, when we got a HUGE break on a call at the plate. It goes both ways.

It's not like a run would've scored had Markakis stayed on base and that inning played out the same way. So I'm kind of ambivalent about it at this point.

Sorry--Didn't know the play was close. Actually, the M's announcers gave no indication that it was. More evidence of how generally poor they are.

It has been universally bad this year. Both in our favor and against us. Really, is it too much to have a game called correctly?

Archived