No Lou tonight, Payton in CF.

Big Mac

That doesn't make it acceptable. Even two players under 30 is unacceptable given our "rebuilding" situation. And its not like the older veterens are producing at a high level. At this point, with Scott's injury, we are running out 4 pretty easy outs to round out the lineup.

So, where was this thinking a while ago, then? I'm with you on Hernandez and Payton, since I think we universally agree on that...

But seriously? You want Millar, Huff, Scott, Roberts, and Mora gone?

It's just kinda convenient that these arguments come up when the team's struggling. Or when Jay Payton's forced to start due to injury.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True and all. But Payton is probably going to get more playing time now then he was before the unjury to Jones.

So every game he does get a start copy paste everything said here about him blocking playing time. Or to save time just find and read this thread again.

If you think this is just about Payton, you haven't been paying attention.

True and all. But Payton is probably going to get more playing time now then he was before the unjury to Jones.

So every game he does get a start copy paste everything said here about him blocking playing time. Or to save time just find and read this thread again.

Like I said, I'll be irritated if a week from now Montanez is lost on the bench somewhere.

Why shouldn't Montanez get Payton's AB's?

That's been my point this entire thread, that Payton should not be getting AB's over Montanez.

Montanez is not a CF'er. Or at least hasn't been in AA. His AB's will be at Scott's expense. And with sore Achilles that expense may be coming very soon.

Who the hell wants to see bunch of 36 year-olds having absolutely no future w/this team while a 26 year-old sits on the bench.Try him. What is there to lose?

After tonight, when Montanez hasn't been flying all day, absolutely agree with you!

Group A:

Reimold in CF

Wieters C

Montanez in LF

Scott at DH

Penn or Bergesen starting

Huff at first or third

Millar or Mora off the bench(wherever you choose to put Huff)

or

Group B:

Payton in CF

Scott in LF

Waters starting

Hernandez C

Huff DH

Millar 1st

Mora 3rd

Which group would you rather see and which group has a better chance at helping us long term?

Your TV goes black during a break in the O's game...

Fade in - Sports Guy sitting behind a desk with Oriole memorabilia in glass cases behind him...

"Do you have a dream to one day be a general manager of a big league baseball team?"

shifts his focus to camera 2

"Do you want to feel the rush of making the big trade as the deadline is approaching?"

turns attention back to camera 1 - pointing his finger at it...

"Being a big league GM just doesn't happen over night. You need to have skills to be a big league GM. Trading skills, multi-tasking skills, PR skills. And most importantly - you need to talk like a big league GM."

screen goes orange while you hear SG's words appear in black as he says:

"GM's don't speak like normal people speak. We speak with big words that mean big meanings. In my course I will teach you to say things like this in your conversations, IM's and other forms of conversation with other GM's...

Back to SG, now walking on a baseball diamond and flipping a baseball in the air...

"It is obvious that ordinary people do not understand when to use these type of intelligent comments, especially when you do not wish not to defend a position that you are taking. Please do not attempt to do this at home."

Back at his desk...

"That is why I am inviting you to my GM Basic Training Institute. For a special time offer, you can enroll in my course on how to talk the way GM's talk and I will throw in a special course on how to make every GM trade you their top prospects for your junk... a free gift from me to you."

Announcer dude...

"Call now!!! 555-5555 and the first 25 callers receive a free SG signed picture!"

"You have given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours. Try again later"

SG just gave me a positive feedback, but the insulting message that came along with it leads me to believe he meant to leave me a negative.

Maybe he needs an assistant?

Montanez is not a CF'er. Or at least hasn't been in AA. His AB's will be at Scott's expense. And with sore Achilles that expense may be coming very soon.

The same can be said for Payton.

He has played some CF in AA this season, and I have a hard time believing he would be worse than Payton out there.

If Scott's achilles prevents him form playing LF, bring up Reimold.

This is hilarious, I dont even want to know what your team would look like if you were a GM or manager.

Who says 50 games wont change who he is, cause I sure think it would. Are you saying that if Lou comes up and hits .300 for the rest of the year and has like 10 home runs you wont think anything of it?

I wouldn't play GM bringing guys up to the big league level because I saw what their stat sheet said and because they were young. If Montanez knocked on everyone's door who is apart of the Hangout unless he was in uniform how many people would even know who he is?

If the Orioles play him everyday or they use him as a 4th outfielder both are fine with me. They know him, I don't. They judge him on a daily basis. Every year around here people overreact to what happens in August and September. Last year because Knott, House and Penn weren't here the place was in an uproar. All three this year are at AAA. Tonight is one game that's all. If Montanez is viewed in high esteem by the team then play him everyday, if he isn't then use him as a 4th outfielder which would be his role at the big league level anyway.

And no 50 games isn't going to change him at all. He is who he is.

Group A:

Reimold in CF

Wieters C

Montanez in LF

Scott at DH

Penn or Bergesen starting

Huff at first or third

Millar or Mora off the bench(wherever you choose to put Huff)

or

Group B:

Payton in CF

Scott in LF

Waters starting

Hernandez C

Huff DH

Millar 1st

Mora 3rd

Which group would you rather see and which group has a better chance at helping us long term?

Sure. I agree with you. A.

Now if we can just find a place to dump Payton, Hernandez, Millar, and Mora. Oh. It's not that easy? You mean we can't just send all these guys to the bench and start the young guys because you'll have a friggin mutiny on your hands in the clubhouse? Darn.

Stop making sense with your valid points.

Payton over Montanez on August 5, 2008 is a crime, a mockery, a disgrace...and it's got SG in a tizzy.

If you think this is just about Payton, you haven't been paying attention.

Thread title and most posts involve Payton. Certain ones are hijacking the thread to what they want it to be. But of course I never said it was just about Payton.

Why dont you start a new poll?

Stop making sense with your valid points.

Payton over Montanez on August 5, 2008 is a crime, a mockery, a disgrace...and it's got SG in a tizzy.

It's a travishamockery!!! :drek:

This thread has happily crossed over from a thread about Montanez not starting tonight to a bash-fest on the entire front office. Does this have to happen to every thread?

Archived