vs. MARINERS, 6/22

OFFNY

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Could that one be climate changing?  I thought it just would be destructive to the surrounding area like St Helens?

It would be an extinction level event if that thing blows. One of the biggest magma chambers on the earth that could eject enough ash to cover the entire US in three inches of it. It's not called a supervolcano for nothing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sessh said:

It would be an extinction level event if that thing blows. One of the biggest magma chambers on the earth that could eject enough ash to cover the entire US in three inches of it. It's not called a supervolcano for nothing.

Thanks, that was what I was asking.

5 minutes ago, Sessh said:

Well, aren’t you cheerful today...

2 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Yeah, that it would be. The area is rising...

It's been awhile since I looked into it closely, but a couple years ago, the ground was swelling so badly that entire lakes were being displaced into surrounding areas. The area gets a little more active each year. An eruption is absolutely inevitable and when it happens, there's nowhere to hide. It would destroy everything within like a thousand mile radius in a couple weeks and the enormous amount of shit it would eject into the atmosphere would be carried by the jet stream all over the planet and block out the sun which will kill all plants. Animals, including us, wouldn't be far behind.

• Upvote 1