August 6th @ LAA, rubber game

Big Mac

How come I never saw much about Lou here on the OH as a hot prospect? I mean the guy is hitting like gangbusters in AA, and all I ever saw on here was stuff about Reimold, Wieters, and Rowell. Surely there had to be some astute OH scouting gurus here that would have been clamoring for this young man to get a callup but I never saw it! Was I simply not paying attention or was this guy not much of a topic here until now? Somebody please let me know if I am just non-alert or what please?:confused:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How come I never saw much about Lou here on the OH as a hot prospect? I mean the guy is hitting like gangbusters in AA, and all I ever saw on here was stuff about Reimold, Wieters, and Rowell. Surely there had to be some astute OH scouting gurus here that would have been clamoring for this young man to get a callup but I never saw it! Was I simply not paying attention or was this guy not much of a topic here until now? Somebody please let me know if I am just non-alert or what please?:confused:

He joined the O's farm system in 06 and wasn't a highly touted prospect. This year he has come out slugging like no other. He is a former first round pick though.

Yes, you weren't paying attention.

You weren't paying enough attention to the minors board then. He's not really a prospect per say since he is 26 and was doing this at AA Bowie.

He joined the O's farm system in 06 and wasn't a highly touted prospect. This year he has come out slugging like no other. He is a former first round pick though.

Thanks. Former first round pick of what team do you know?:scratchchinhmm:

I guess it was a combination of his age and the fact that he had never performed at that level before. Some thought it could be a fluke. He was older than most guys at AA and to be honest, there are a lot of older guys that have the ability to crush pitching in the minors, but can not stick in the majors.

I think that, while unsaid, was the feeling that a lot of people had, but after a while, his numbers became too good to ignore any longer. He had to get a chance at some point and I happy he has gotten the opportunity (despite the unfortunate way he got it) and hope he makes the most of it.

You weren't paying enough attention to the minors board then. He's not really a prospect per say since he is 26 and was doing this at AA Bowie.

26 is still plenty young enough for me to be a Major League ready prospect. Even Waters at 27 is plenty young enough.

I am getting pretty tired of Olson to be quite honest.

I don't want to start an argument here, but how about giving him break? He is a rookie. Sometimes they struggle. This board is constantly talking about giving the kids a chance and letting them learn at the big leagues. Well, this is what that looks like.

I don't want to start an argument here, but how about giving him break? He is a rookie. Sometimes they struggle. This board is constantly talking about giving the kids a chance and letting them learn at the big leagues. Well, this is what that looks like.

Bingo!!! Many of those who tear Olson and others apart every time they have bad outings are the same ones who fully supported the youth movement and rebuilding effort this year. You can't have it both ways, fellas. There are going to be some growing pains.

26 is still plenty young enough for me to be a Major League ready prospect. Even Waters at 27 is plenty young enough.

26 is old for AA. Take a look at Drungo's thread about MiL numbers translating to MLB performance based on age.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68403

If Montanez was a couple years younger, I'd be more excited, but being 26, his ceiling is somewhat limited. Unless of course all of sudden he's had an empiphany and figured it all out.

Archived